PDA

View Full Version : stage three cam?

steffen_ex
03-31-2008, 05:22 PM
my quad is preatty stock besides the pipe filter jet and rev limiter, i want to bore it next winter but want some more power out of it now a cam would be a quick fix for that but is a stage 3 to big for a basically stock motor or should i go with a stage 2 instead?

UNBROKEN
03-31-2008, 05:31 PM
stage 3 is for big bore / stroker motors , id go with a stage 2 , u will have alot more mid to top end power ,

steffen_ex
03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
the thing is is that i plan on bore/strokin it next winter, i wont be able to use stage three for the summer without it?

steffen_ex
03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
the thing is is that i plan on bore/strokin it next winter, i wont be able to use stage three for the summer without it?

TRXRacer1
03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by steffen_ex
the thing is is that i plan on bore/strokin it next winter, i wont be able to use stage three for the summer without it? Start with the stage 3 if you're going big later. You might loose a touch of the low end but it will still be better then what you have overall.

steffen_ex
03-31-2008, 06:24 PM
is a different cam going to make a huge difference? should i also get different valves? i heard that u need different valves if u get a stage 3?

TRXRacer1
03-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by steffen_ex
is a different cam going to make a huge difference? should i also get different valves? i heard that u need different valves if u get a stage 3? It's still a drop in cam but if you were building a full tilt monster you'd want different valves, valve springs and porting. If you're looking to get that serious then check out Webcams Inc. They have the wild grinds that truly REQUIRE this extra work.