PDA

View Full Version : Fox Float evol mx:setting up?

esr250r86
03-31-2008, 01:43 PM
HI, I just recently got some fox floats and i have rode them with about 50 in the main chamber and about 165 in the evol. It has really bad body roll but they feel awesome when jumping. I ride motocross and most of the tracks here have big jumps but i am not bottoming out. I weight 135 pounds with gear. So im not a big boy.but can someone help me out! My rear podium x is awesome so that is set up fine. but i still dont know what low speed and high speed compression is?! So can someone give me a tutorial on how to get these set-up?I dont have the manual for them either.thanks.:)

NJ450rider
03-31-2008, 03:49 PM
wow that seems like way to much in your evol chamber. Even the main should be a tad bit lower. Right now in my fox floats i run 45 in the main chamber and 140 in the evol chamber. And im 230 lbs. With 45 in the evol chamber it seems high but i still have a stock rear shock and i have it so that the front is 1/2 inch higher than the back. Once i get a fox podium rear shock ill be able to drop it down more. What do you have it set at height wise? 7 to 8 inches of ground clearance is normal for mx settings. with the front being 1/4 to 1/2 inch higher than the back.

Also if you have the DCS setup(grey upper knob) the low speed setting is whats for eliminating body roll. So firm up your low speed setting. Should fix it.

The directions for everything are on fox's website. You can veiw it all online or even download the directions as well.

http://www.foxracingshox.com

esr250r86
03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Ok.Thx for the reply.Yeah ima have to do alot of adjusting and playing with the suspension before my next Itp quadcross race. any other info and input would be nice...