PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ridden Brimstone Recreation in Tennessee?

ojcool
03-31-2008, 11:26 AM
We are planning a week long trip there for 4th of july but I'm having some trouble nailing down the camping situation on the park. I know there are cabins nearby but it's just not practical to haul our quads in on a daily basis.. So it's camping for us. They don't explain much as far as water access, restrooms, ect... They just say, camping is available. Their trail map shows like 8 different camping areas, but don't say how big, what access is like ect.. We kind of need to know exactly what we are going into since we are driving more than 8 hours.

Thanks for any help. Or is there a better place to ride within 8-9 hours of STAFFORD VIRGINIA zip 22556.

LT250_JOE
04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I rent a mobile at Hatfield McCoy. F-Camping ( did that for too many years). Also can ride on the streets.

ojcool
04-01-2008, 10:19 PM
You ever ride crumpler? Also known as the wagon wheel, or stairsteps? I rolled my banshee down the stairsteps within the first 10 minutes it was off the trailer. That hill is dangerous. Everyone I ride with has wrecked a bike on that hill at one time or another. Been lucky only bikes have been hurt.

We just want to go somewhere completely different, tired of the rocky trials at Hatfield. Just WVA in general is all pretty much the same rocky trials. The videos for this place show some really nice all dirt trails. When are you going to Hatfield again? We are looking at the last week of june for our next big trip. We were going to go to PA for a little trip but there is just WAY too much BS involved with registrations and insurance to ride PA. I think it's TN all the way this year..