PDA

View Full Version : woohoo!!! its about time...

Ryan
03-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Its been a long time since I been riding... I sold my 400ex about 3 years ago after getting into a head on collision with a car. I ended up hurniating 2 disks in my back. I didn't think I would be physically able to ride/race again.

Since the moment I let that quad go, I wanted another. There is nothing more I like to do than just go out and ride.

I gave my back alot of time to heal, and been rebuilding all the muscles I tore. It toke more than 2 years, to have my back feeling as good as it does now. It seems close to 100 percent now.

I decided last week, I couldn't take it anymore. I lost my liscenes for a few years, my ex just left 3 weeks ago, and im workin 48-50 hours a week in a steel shop..... Needless to say, life was getting pretty dull, and I don't have much time to go out and have a life.

Soooooo, I made it to the motorcycle dealership in Ramsey, NJ on Saturday, and bought me a 2008 YFZ450 :D . Im goin to pick it up Wednesday. I picked up all new gear, brand new tools, and a bunch of crap from the auto parts store. What an expensive day!

Im so excited to finally get back out and ride. Its been 3 years overdue, and a ruff 3 years of problems from every direction.

I can't wait! I'll put some ridin pictures up when I get it :devil:

ryansblaster
03-30-2008, 08:32 PM
congrats glad youll be able to have some much needed fun :cool:

sly400ex
03-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Awesome man, glad to hear you're going to be on a 4 wheeler again!:)

spanky101
03-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Man, thats great to hear your back riding and riding is gonna be your way out! but im sure that riding will help all your issues, or atleast relieve your stress for that while of time! be sure to post pictures of the bike up!

Ryan
03-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, riding definitly is a good stress reliever.

Im countin the days to wednesday! Since I only have a few small bills, the aftermarket parts are gonna come fast :devil: .

I'll get some pictures up.... I love the way the (blue) 08's look.

So much for those countless days tearing down the berms in the yard, and regrowing the grass :o

03-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Ryan u got a message check ur inbox

Ryan
03-31-2008, 04:22 PM
sent ya a message back with a link to some of those pictures.

spanky101
03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
do you have a plan for mods? If for a pipe you are still thinking i would really look into a dasa pipe, they put out some great numbers on ltr, kfx, and the trx's and im sure the yfz is the same

Ryan
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Well, I ended up pickin her up Yesterday (tuesday) :D . Im very happy with it. I love how light this thing is. I can whip it around anywhere. It did break my heart to see it covered in black dirt yesterday :o :mad: . Definitly a sick machine! Gettin back on an atv after three years was like riding a bicycle to me. After 15 minutes of riding, I got a good feel of it. 5th gear on the rear wheels is fun too ;) .

I'll put up some pictures tomorrow...

Only thing that is pissing me off is, when I hit the gas really hard, from idle, it bogs a little bit (in first gear) .... And then today, The idle wasn't dropping right away. I would rev up the motor, and it would drop and sit around maybe 1,500 rpm's for 2-4 seconds, then drop back down to idle speed. Any idea on what this could be? I only put maybe an hour on the motor so far....... But I haven't been very easy on it....

Thanks

Doober
04-02-2008, 07:03 PM
It could maybe be that the floats are sticking, and my friend said it could be the pilot circuit is to lean...

Pappy
04-02-2008, 07:05 PM
typical yfz bog...install a larger pilot and dont waste the $$ on any of the powershot products, a $3 jet will work as well

coryatver
04-02-2008, 07:12 PM
The idle problem is probably the TPS needs adjusted. You can just unplug it it is the plug by the carb with 3 wires.

Ryan
04-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
typical yfz bog...install a larger pilot and dont waste the $$ on any of the powershot products, a $3 jet will work as well

Thanks pappy.

Cory, Are you sure I could just unplugg it and run it without any problems? Sounds kinda strange.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow and screw around with the adjustment....?????

Any other advice is apreciated.

Thanks

UNBROKEN
04-02-2008, 07:59 PM
''There is nothing more I like to do than just go out and ride.''

that must be a ryan thing cuz i have the same problem lol
:cool: