PDA

View Full Version : plastics

400exrider_88
03-30-2008, 07:39 PM
got an 01 with white race plastic, which looks alright, but im wanting a different look and a headlight. dont want the trail tech halogen lights, was thinking new plastics. maier sells front fenders for about 160, was thinking that, i have a headlight to put in it. can also get a rear fender in black for cheap. i just think its dumb to buy maier when honda sells front plastic for about $40 less though a dealer. what woould you guys do? go all white, go all black, all red or black and red?

capecod400ex
03-30-2008, 08:00 PM
all black would look sick I've always wanted a black 400ex.

jesseweaver
03-30-2008, 08:35 PM
i'd go white. i know someone on here has a white 400ex and it looks pretty good. i think its got like black flame graphics and i remember seeing pictures of it beside a black 450r.

400exrider_88
03-31-2008, 08:19 AM
think im goin white. once one of u guys gives me $300...just kidding, im getting the white front fender and a k&k racing flame graphic kit, looks pretty sweet (im picturing it in my head).

03-31-2008, 04:45 PM
Maier plastic is better than factory and factory plastic has them indents for the warning labels maier does not. Also if you get the front made to hold lights you also need to buy side panels unlike the race front which has the side panels built in.

Trail tech lights dont need to be mounted on your bars. You could mount them on the frame where they look better.

BlasterEaten250
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
Maier plastic is better than factory and factory plastic has them indents for the warning labels maier does not. The stock plastic definately has a better fit than maier. Mine were a pain in the butt to put on.

<DRS>GPF
03-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
The stock plastic definately has a better fit than maier. Mine were a pain in the butt to put on.

i agree..

mine needed holes that shouldve already been there, recutting of existing holes to make the maier sidepanels fit and additional brackets with little no instructions on assembly. too much effort for the price paid..

theyre not impossible to install, but enough of a hassel that im reluctant buy aftermarket plastic again.

Wheelie
03-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
i agree..

mine needed holes that shouldve already been there, recutting of existing holes to make the maier sidepanels fit and additional brackets with little no instructions on assembly. too much effort for the price paid..

theyre not impossible to install, but enough of a hassel that im reluctant buy aftermarket plastic again.

x2.

I was cussing Maier when I installed my plastics a couple weeks back. The rear wasn't bad, the front sucked. The price to pay for an aftermarket color.

I wish Honda made more colors. Nothing fits like OE plastics.

TRXRacer1
03-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I like the look of maier plastic better then stock but you do have to "fit" them at first. I also like the looks of my white fenders but they are a PITA to keep clean. Going black next time......haha.

Quicklsvtec
03-31-2008, 07:22 PM
All you guys with your maier plastics, I am ready for those I have sent two sets back already! Both came and the left fender at the bottom was paper thin and buckling on both. I am pissed still waiting! But the back set looks sick on there!

400exrider_88
04-01-2008, 10:13 AM
yep the guy had to put on some brackets on the front fender to make it fit