PDA

View Full Version : what's next?

lt80 dad
03-30-2008, 07:29 PM
i got a '06 lt80, last year for the 2 stroke! i took the stop out of the carb slide, put the fmf fatty w/ power core2 can. k&n air filter, jet kit, itp rims , 18x10's on the rear and 20x7's on the front. h/o stator and laser-star billet headlights. questions, what should i add next? is there a rev box or cdi kit i can get for this bike? are the worcs shock sets worth buying? if i get rid of the jug cowel and snorkel it will it want to overheat w/out the cowel channeling air at the same time will it run better with colder intake air? what are the clutch mods i can do? thank you everyone for reading my ramblings and for sharing info

LT80
03-31-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes works are worth buying. You should make it wider first.
www.atvracing1.com for a-arms. Tell em I sent you please.
A team or durablue axel for the rear.

No CDI needed. There is no rev limiter on a LT80.

Shaving the head .030, removing 2 rollers, and cutting the rear clutch shoes to 180 grams is the beginner mods.

Leave all the air ducting alone. It works well.

lt80 dad
03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
thank you for the info , when i do go to atvracing1 i'll throw the name out for sure. won't be right away though $$$ excuse my lack of knowledge i'm new to the game . would you recommend the a-arm kit or the wheel spacers for the front ? it's 38" in the rear w/ 18-10/8's are you saying wider w/ a +2 durablue? do you think i have too much tire? do i cut the outside of the shoe where it contacts the bell or am i cutting it lengthwise? i assume milling the head is to raise compression will i need to run better than pump gas ? once again thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, i know everyones time is valueable

Lightninn
03-31-2008, 04:49 PM
The front wheel spacers are a much less expensive way to achieve some front end width. However, I would stick to trail riding with this setup. If you plan to be jumping it on a mx track or such, I would go with the a-arm setup.

LT80
04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Arms or spacers,,your call. Lightnin made a good point.
I'll be honest. I don't like wide tires on a LT. Again, for yard or light trail, they work just fine.
Rear clutch shoes:: look back on a cpl threads. etondaddy posted pics on where to cut the shoes.
Pump gas will be fine with the head shaved.

Ask anything, anytime. :)