PDA

View Full Version : Jetting/carb help asap

rcatvrider
03-30-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm working on an 05 kfx400 for a friend. he ordered a dynojet kit that needs to be installed. What do I need to do to install it? Must I remove the carb? What steps need to be taken to do this? Everything is so crammed in there removing the carb looks tricky. Also, what dynojet main jet should we use? He has a twinair filter and fmf Q2 exhaust with powerbomb header.

Thanks

cataway
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by rcatvrider
I'm working on an 05 kfx400 for a friend. he ordered a dynojet kit that needs to be installed. What do I need to do to install it? Must I remove the carb? What steps need to be taken to do this? Everything is so crammed in there removing the carb looks tricky. Also, what dynojet main jet should we use? He has a twinair filter and fmf Q2 exhaust with powerbomb header.

Thanks
yep ya get to take the carb off ,its very easy to do . best thing to do is take off the seat ,remove the air boot from the carb ,then on the left side of the quad loosen the boot clamps and the gas lines and choke cable and pull the carb to the rear and then toward you ,sense your more than likely putting in a needle it may be best to completely remove the carb so you can work on it a little better, to do that remove the 3 screws from were the throttle cable gos into the carb ,under that cover your going to find a wheel that the cable runs in, theres a little brass keeper on the end of the cable that thing is a bugger and dont loose it .
one thing i highly recommend is after you get the screws out of the bowl and that cover ,throw them away and get Allen head screws to replace them . the allen head screws are cheep and worth there weight in gold !
what jet to use ,i dont know what to use if your going to use DJ ,i dont like them and i have yet to find a dealer that carries them.

rcatvrider
04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the reply but I just winged it a couple days ago and used the recommended dj main jet and needle spacing and it ran great.