PDA

View Full Version : boggin down!!

Honda4life05
03-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I recently changed my main jet on my 300ex from 122 (stock) to 128 dynojet size. after riding it for about 2 hours it keeps bogging down about half throttel. if i take my air-box lid off it makes it better but still boggs down at about 3/4 throttel. what can i do to fix this? i have a fmf pipe k&N filter with outerwears cover

thanks.

bwamos
03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
the 128 was a starting point with lid off.

What you are describing is a little counterintuitive.

bogging is generally a lean condition.. so removing the lid would make it worse.

Did you adjust the needle jet? An aftermarket pipe usually requires you to go up 1 spot on the needle (clip down).

128 was a startign point for lid off. Lid on you need to be way down atround a 122 dynojet jet.

Raise the needle 1 spot.. then if that diesn't fix it with the lid off.. since it's a Q-Series (reduced flow) you may need to drop the main down to a 125 dynojet main.

Note, this is comong from a guy that gets it "close" then takes it to a dyno to get it tuned the rest of the way.. LOL.

Honda4life05
03-30-2008, 04:12 PM
ok ill try moving it up one clip. but do u kno y it just all of a sudden happened? it was ok for about that first hour.

thnaks for the help

dns1764
09-21-2009, 10:27 AM
i am having the same problem and i'm wonedering why it is fine for an hour or so, and then s***s the bed all of a sudden.

dirtdawg
09-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I run a 198 main with cobra header, white bros. slip-on, lid off, and 400ex carb. Your jetting is not always gonna be the same as others. Mine runs like **** if i put the lid on. It runs like a beast so i'm not changing it. Change the jet before you change the clip, the clip is not something i ever needed to adjust. Jet it by riding and not by punching it at idle. Double check all the connections esp. the boot between the carb, which i never replaced until recently. It runs way better than it did with the leak.

Honda4life05
09-22-2009, 06:26 AM
i posted this thread a long time ago! lol i dont even have this quad anymore. but what happened to mine is, i didnt tighten my main jet up real tight, an it cam loose an fell off so it was getting tons of fuel after half throttel.

dns1764
09-22-2009, 07:06 AM
yeah i know it was posted a while ago. i did a search for the solution and this thread poped up. i appreciate the help