PDA

View Full Version : polaris scrambler

Ruby Soho
03-30-2008, 10:44 AM
my dads friend has a scrambler 4x4 that needs a new transmission put in, and asked if i could do it for him. so before i jump into something over my head i wanna know some things.

is it easy to remove a transmission from one of these? he already has a new one and it just needs to be swapped

is it seperate from the engine bottom end or do i need to tear apart the cases and stuff like that.

and if you guys have any tips or anything feel free to let me know:blah:

ZSNOW
03-30-2008, 10:49 AM
yo dude whats goin on?

the scrambler has a CVT i think? and its part of the bottom end.

you would just have to put the top end off of the old scrambler motor on the new scrambler bottom end..you rebuilt a 440 what 4 times? i think u can change a top end :D hahahah

rundrave
03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
its not as easy you might think, but your going to need some special tools etc, for example to get the secondary clutches off, your going to need the puller

not to mention you have to take all the plastics etc off, its not a fun task on the scrambler.

i think with a manual and the right tools it wouldnt be too bad of job

Honda#4
03-31-2008, 01:04 PM
The job will be easier if you go tell your dads friend to go buy a honda. LOL!

TRXRacer1
03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
the scrambler has a CVT i think? and its part of the bottom end.

you would just have to put the top end off of the old scrambler motor on the new scrambler bottom end..you rebuilt a 440 what 4 times? i think u can change a top end :D hahahah Not even close, they're separate units.

my88r
03-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
The job will be easier if you go tell your dads friend to go buy a honda. LOL!

x2 lol:p