PDA

View Full Version : All hail Chad Wienen...

700bRad
03-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Seriously, who trains, and is more dedicated then this guy... Wienen is a motocross machine... PERIOD. Just wish I had the heart this guy does... So to keep this thread from being a total waste, other then praising wienens abilitys, who do you think is the guy to beat this year? Any series counts..

honda4life72
03-30-2008, 05:51 AM
chad use to be very lazy from what i hear . and when he started training. he started winning. i think john natalie is the man to beat

quad2xtreme
03-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
i think john natalie is the man to beat

X2. Hard to argue against a guy who just knows how to win and come back from any injuries suffered during the season.

Johnny Minehan
03-30-2008, 06:38 AM
Chad Weinen is the man. And if he can beat Natalie, he can beat anyone.

03-30-2008, 07:22 AM
I love wienen. Watching him race in person is something els. Hes just on a mission. He beat natalie befor. At etown wpsa last year i seen him come from mid pack to natalies *** then get hung on a berm and fall back and finished 2ed. Hes one of the more dedicated riders out there today. No comment on past or not. It dont matter. this year. hes going to win a championship one way or another. And wienen is one of the nicest guys to. always willing to talk or help some one out. But natalie is on the same page there. both awesome guys.

Video i made for chad. http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16424534

quad2xtreme
03-30-2008, 07:49 AM
I am all for fan favorite riders too but to be the man, you have to beat the man. Right now, the two men are Natalie and Byrd. Everyone else are just good prospects.

450rRacer22
03-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I am all for fan favorite riders too but to be the man, you have to beat the man. Right now, the two men are Natalie and Byrd. Everyone else are just good prospects.
Maybe Byrd should start riding the WPSA and we'll see if hes "the man" anymore. Wienen is hands down the most dedicated rider out there in my opinion. Honestly if you can go from doing ok in your races and just hangin in there to dominating your next year and getting a factory ride, that just speaks for itself right there. the man just works hard and thats all there is to it

BlaineKaiser450
03-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Foxracing1762
Chad Weinen is the man. And if he can beat Natalie, he can beat anyone.

quadracer707
03-30-2008, 12:13 PM
And Who keeps beating them all???? WIMMER 191!!

quad2xtreme
03-30-2008, 01:06 PM
He is extremely fast too no doubt about it. I like all the PA boys...Natalie, Wimmer, and Dunk!!!

LTR450_#67
03-31-2008, 11:46 AM
I am a huge Wienen fan, but Wimmer going 1-1 in the first 2 races is nothing to look past, especially when ALL of the Pros are there. Wienen needs to relax a bit more and he himself knows it. Jeremiah Jones rode very similar... balls out blazin fast but it would some how bring his consistancy down, becuz he would blow a berm or something....Then when he started putting some finess into it he was the man to look out for. No doubt I believe Wienen is the man. It's just that he's got to bring up his consistancy.

Warnerade
03-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I am all for fan favorite riders too but to be the man, you have to beat the man. Right now, the two men are Natalie and Byrd. Everyone else are just good prospects. this post made me laugh...

I guess your forgetting how dirty of rider byrd is? and the only reason he won the GNC championship is because no one else was there to give him the competition.

Byrd is a wash up as far as I'm concerned...he wont even let clay holmes race the pro class, and im betting its because he knows clay will beat him

FHKracingZ
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Clay will not beat joe.... Clay is deffinatly fast but his mechanic told me at pell city yesterday that he can run lawsons pace for about 5-6 laps at tantillos then lawson starts to check out....

Byrd looked good at Pell city and not a washup in any form.. im not a byrd fan at all but he is still a top 5 rider..

esr250r86
03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Wimmer looks like hes coming into it hard this year.winning every rnd of the atva so far. Hes definitely a top runner,then wienen is right behind.Wienen is an animal and also my favorite rider. John Nathalie is also very fast but was not looking as fast as the suzuki guys at the atva nats at glen helen this yr. so well just have to see as the season goes on.but wienen def wants it and like he said hes a fighter so you know hes going to fight!

Premis
03-31-2008, 03:58 PM
There are a lot of valid points here, and some that are way off.

Joe Byrd is not a washup but he is also not the best. Look at the last two races, Byrd didn't do so hot when all the pros show up. The WPSA series is the place to look for the fastest guys. Natalie has always been good and he is consistent. Wienen has an immense amount of dedication and speed. And Wimmer has also turned it on this year. If you take Wienens speed and dedication and match it to Natalie's experience and consistency, he will never be beat.

FYI, Wienen won 5 out of 10 WPSA races last year, more than any other racer. He just had a DNF (I think it was Virginia), otherwise he would've taken the championship.

No matter what, every racer in the pro class and most in the pro-am class have an insane amount of dedication. Most of these guys are training 40 hours per week or more. I have the utmost respect for all of them. But I have first hand knowledge of Wienens dedication and training, and I would put my money on him any day.

quad2xtreme
03-31-2008, 06:25 PM
in 2007 WPSA series, Wienen won 4 rounds, Natalie won 4, and Wimmer won the other 2. Natalie only scored 10 points in Round 2 due to an injury. He also struggled in Round 3 due to the injury. By the end of the season, Natalie finished 11 points ahead of Wimmer and 23 ahead of Chad. Wimmer was Mr. Consistent. Chad's lowest score was 22 points. John's 2nd round was way worse than Chad's outing in VA.

Chad is fast and he is well liked...no doubt about it. He is very capable as is Natalie, Wimmer, and Byrd. I was surprised he didn't get by Byrd over the weekend but I was equally surprised that Byrd was all over Natalie and in fact passed him. Eventually, John broke a tie-rod but I doubt that is why Byrd got around him. Anyone know for sure? Anyone finishing in the top 10 is hardly washed up. He finished 2nd and 4th yesterday with a 2nd overall.

Warnerade
03-31-2008, 09:56 PM
in 2007 WPSA series, Wienen won 4 rounds, Natalie won 4, and Wimmer won the other 2. Natalie only scored 10 points in Round 2 due to an injury. He also struggled in Round 3 due to the injury. By the end of the season, Natalie finished 11 points ahead of Wimmer and 23 ahead of Chad. Wimmer was Mr. Consistent. Chad's lowest score was 22 points. John's 2nd round was way worse than Chad's outing in VA.
you dont know your stats very well huh?

Beancounter
04-01-2008, 12:33 AM
in 2007 WPSA series, Wienen won 4 rounds, Natalie won 4, and Wimmer won the other 2.

Per the WPSA site

http://www.wsaracing.com/portalpak/pagedetail.asp?serverid=wsa06atv&pagecode=atvresults

Chad won rounds 2,4,5,8, & 10
Natalie won rounds 1, 6, 7, & 9
Wimmer won round 3

What a lot of people don't realize is WPSA gives points for qualifiers too. That will obviously have an effect on the championship points race.

quad2xtreme
04-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Beancounter
Per the WPSA site

http://www.wsaracing.com/portalpak/pagedetail.asp?serverid=wsa06atv&pagecode=atvresults

Chad won rounds 2,4,5,8, & 10
Natalie won rounds 1, 6, 7, & 9
Wimmer won round 3

What a lot of people don't realize is WPSA gives points for qualifiers too. That will obviously have an effect on the championship points race.

I looked it up on ATVriders. ATVriders shows Wimmer getting more points for the 2nd round. You have to count the qualifiers if the WPSA does...otherwise, you are trying to keep score like the ATVA does. I was most surprised how well John did after his injury. I thought it took him a few more races to recoup.

KXRida
04-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Wienen does train hard, but watching john natalie run as fast as he could with a 6x6 parachute attached to him about made my jaw drop. That guy is a monster when it comes to training on and off the track.

quad2xtreme
04-02-2008, 12:54 PM
http://powersportsftp.com/round10points.pdf

This is the chart I used to figure it out. Not sure how Wimmer ended up with more points but lost in the second round unless it has to do with qualifiers too. If that is the case, then the WPSA needs help in accurately reflecting the point totals on all the "weekly" charts.

FHKracingZ
04-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Wienen TRAINS harder overall than any pro out there...

I believe natalie is big into the working out, training consits of both..

Wimmer was faster at pell city, thats a fact.

KXRida
04-03-2008, 07:01 AM
After seeing him pound 20 hard laps at his practice track straight, I'd say he still trains pretty hard. That guy is a beast.