PDA

View Full Version : Which cam for 440

BigBore24
03-29-2008, 08:43 PM
My quad was a 440 big bore when i bought it (not stroked) It has been owned by several different people and i have rebuilt just about everything on it going through fixing all the other screw ups from previous owners. I saw when i rebuilt it that it had a hotcams in it and assumed it would be a stage 2 for the big bore. now i have most of the fine tuning done i noticed it is a bit more sluggish on top end and thats when i actually checked the cam, and sure enough its a stage 1. I read that the stage 3 is specifically designed for the strokers so can i not use it for mine? the hotcams r around 130 or so on ebay and thats bout what i want to spend. i do a lot of trail riding but do like to do some drag racing as well. if anyone has any suggestions on which cam i should use please let me know. im not totally set on hotcams either its just thats all ive seen and its the price im looking for. if anyone knows how much and where i can get a webb or any other kinda cam that will be my best option id like to know that also.

REPOMAN
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
i have a stage 2 hotcam and love it.

Wheelie
03-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Use the stg 2. IMO a stg 3 would kill the low end too much on a 440 big bore, not good for trail riding.

For the price, it's tough to beat Hotcams. They hold up very well, and their grinds work well.

Ruby Soho
03-30-2008, 08:34 AM
i have a stage 3 in my 440, and its just a 440 bore not stroked.

it has crazy bottom end. tons of power through out the hole gear

BigBore24
03-30-2008, 04:36 PM
thanks for the input guys. hey ruby have you ever run the stage 2 to compare it to. do you do a lot of trail riding also? looks like we got similar setups so if your happy with it i proly would be too. also if you dont mind me asking what setup you running in your 450r carb

Ruby Soho
03-31-2008, 05:37 PM
nah ive never run a stage 2. i do ride alot of trails, its awesome in the woods.

my carb isnt actually on yet, its sitting on the bench with no jets:p

BigBore24
04-01-2008, 09:22 AM
aight i ordered the stage 3. i'll post my results when i get it installed and ride it. might b a while with this crappy IN weather.