PDA

View Full Version : tranny I think

lil_watz_ex
03-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I was riding tonight and my quad was running fine until out of the blue it was as if I couldnt shift out of nuetral. I was able to kick it down to first to get me home but nothing other than that. What is the problem, is this a expensive fix? I just had the motor rebuilt as well, dont know if that had anything to do with it, but thought i would throw that out there.

BigBore24
03-29-2008, 09:06 PM
so what does it do when you try to put it in gear? could just be a clutch issue. try starting it in gear with the clutch lever pulled

j450rking
03-29-2008, 09:16 PM
first check your clutch cable (this hapened to me and it was the cable) and then check the clutch if it's not the cable and then if it's not that then you have a problum

lil_watz_ex
03-30-2008, 06:35 AM
It is acting as if it is sticking, or it won't shift up. What would the issue with the cable be? I actually just changed the cable, could I have done something wrong?

j450rking
03-30-2008, 07:18 AM
my problum with the cable was that it was hitting the exhaust and heating up the metal sleeve that the cable runs in witch made it exstpand from the heat and made the cable stick. try getting a cable luber and lubeing the hell out of the cable before you do anything. and if that dosen't work then take the side case off and check everything with the actual clutch and see if there is anything abnormal. were you doing anything that could have hurt the trany? like not useing the clutch or droping it down to a lower gear from high speed or somthing? i have to ask:rolleyes:

j450rking
03-30-2008, 07:21 AM
another thing to try is what bigbore24 said about trying to start it in gear. that is if you did the clutch switch mod. or you could just see if it rolls when you pull the clutch in when it's in gear (not running)

lil_watz_ex
03-30-2008, 07:22 AM
I have some lube and will for sure try and lube it like crazy. As for doing anything I shouldn't have the only thing that crosses my mind is I pulled a wheelie to get over some sticks and rode that wheelie out for about 50 feet. I always use the clutch to shift and I am careful when I shift

j450rking
03-30-2008, 07:29 AM
well the wheelie is your problum you dumb *****!!!!!!!! just kidding! lol let me know if lubing the cable helps