PDA

View Full Version : Rear Tires

quad handler
03-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Is it possible for a stone or something to get through the bead of the tire? I had a weird rattle in the back end and took the tires off to check it out and the tire alone was making the noise, sounds like its full of marbles and rubber balls. anyone else ever have this this trouble?

03-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by quad handler
Is it possible for a stone or something to get through the bead of the tire? I had a weird rattle in the back end and took the tires off to check it out and the tire alone was making the noise, sounds like its full of marbles and rubber balls. anyone else ever have this this trouble?

i have had the same thing. Its little rubber balls in there. Fro what IDK

REDRIDDER
03-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
i have had the same thing. Its little rubber balls in there. Fro what IDK to be honest with you foxhondarider i think they come like that from the factory and yes they are little rubber balls, i guess its supposed to make the tires act like putting wheel weights on a car tire to balance them out a little better.Not sure if all ATV factory's do this or what but i had those little balls in my stock tire too.

TRXRacer1
03-29-2008, 06:46 PM
If you break the balls up they look more like dirt that have picked up rubber from rolling around the inside of the tire.

REDRIDDER
03-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
If you break the balls up they look more like dirt that have picked up rubber from rolling around the inside of the tire. LOL mine were actually balls of rubber their was like 20 or so of them.

TRXRacer1
03-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
LOL mine were actually balls of rubber their was like 20 or so of them. Are you sure? I had a hand full of them in one tire and thought the same thing until I smashed a couple of them up. Maybe I had both........:ermm:

REDRIDDER
03-29-2008, 07:08 PM
yes positive and I've only seen them in stock tires.