PDA

View Full Version : Helppppppp

bananas
03-29-2008, 04:56 PM
2006 4500er I have gas pouring out when the petcock is on or on res. It's coming out of a small hose that is not connected to anything, on the right side of the card.
This hose has a holder on the right side.

My service Manual doesn't have the carb. in it Does anyone have a picture of the card?????

Any ideas???? Was going riding on sunday...

Right side as you are sitting on the quad...

Help please...

Thanks

Scro
03-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Your bowl drain screw is probably loose. If you are looking down at the top of the carb, look on the left hand side on the bottom toward the back. There should be a flat head, brass screw. Make sure this is tight.

bananas
03-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I pulled the tank and looked. I did find that screw but it was tight. After I checked everything else I put the tank back on and still coming out... I guess I will ride the 400.. If anyone has an idea please message me...

Thanks

clintoncoetzee
04-01-2008, 09:06 AM
hi,not too familiar with the quad hondas but you might have a stuck float in your carb and the excess petrol is just running out the overflow.try using a bit of percussive maintenance (tap the side of the bowl and see if it stops) or take the carb off and remove the bowl and check that your float swings freely,there must be no jerks when it swings,you can also check the (dont know exactly what its called) but its the plug that is attached to the float that blocks off the fuel inlet into your carb,the rubber might be broken.
hope this helps

jshtex
04-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by bananas
2006 4500er I have gas pouring out when the petcock is on or on res. It's coming out of a small hose that is not connected to anything, on the right side of the card.
This hose has a holder on the right side.

My service Manual doesn't have the carb. in it Does anyone have a picture of the card?????

Any ideas???? Was going riding on sunday...

Right side as you are sitting on the quad...

Help please...

Thanks

I said this in your other post but here it is again.

Either your float in your carb is stuck letting gas continously flow into the bowl and then out the overflow.

Or

There is trash in the needle and seat (thats what the float opens and closes) holding it open and flooding the carb with gas.

Have you noticed any gas in your airbox?