PDA

View Full Version : 450r help

trail11591
03-29-2008, 01:22 PM
hey guyswednesday i wrecked my 450r kinda bad and think it happened when i landed the juump i was way nose down and the front and back shocks bottomed out and threw me off and endo the quad but i was wondering how exctaly i adjust the stock shocks on the it

would the rings around the spring at the top adjust the ride height and race sag type thing and the screw on them with a S and H should stand for soft and hard right this would be a softer or harder ride so like all the way hard would keep me from bottoming out but i know i wouldnt want to go that far

trail11591
03-31-2008, 03:23 PM
bump

dustin_j
04-02-2008, 09:31 AM
A good start would be to set the sag with the rear shock (top collars like you said) and then do the same on the front shocks to set the ride height. Then you will want to ride a little bit and try messing with the compression and rebound, just know where you were when you started. You can try both extremes on rebound and compression to check this, but I believe S is to lower compression (softer) and H is to increase compression (stiffer). You will definately want to slow the rear rebound and probably speed up the front rebound, that is what I preferred. Good luck!

trail11591
04-02-2008, 08:26 PM
k thanks i'll have to try that i think i ihave the rear set isnt it something like 2 or 4" with just the quad??

dustin_j
04-03-2008, 08:29 AM
This thread is a good read for sag setup
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=340566