PDA

View Full Version : AfterMarket Rims

ifixtheyride
03-29-2008, 01:03 PM
I just wondered if anyone else ran into problems with aftermarket rims? I just bought rim and tire deal from Motosport.com I though the deal was good with free mount and shipping but I did have issue with motosport.com. The Tires are ITP's and the rims are Motosport Alloy Torks. They look great but when I went to mount them the 17mm stock lugnuts did not work and you need a thinwall socket to install. I call customer service and they are like Duh I never heard of this. I call the rim manufacturer and he says the rims are supposed to be delivered with lug nuts and socket. It takes a 10mmx1.25 short lug nut and 14mm thin wall socket. I call motosport.com back and they are like duh. I went to local shop that sells this rim and they had the lugnut kit there. I just wanted to let people know that in case they see these rims its a major bummer to get great wheels and tires and not be able to mount them! One more knock on motosport.com the 4 tires and rims were shipped 1 without a gut in the valve stem and 2 others without caps. Not major deal but for $600 bucks it should be right and when I call its Duhhhhhh!