PDA

View Full Version : Problems

sheriff525
03-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Hey guys I need some help! My 07 525IRS is giving me some problems. First the thing will not idle for some reason. It is not the idle screw or jetting because it runs fine if your thumb is just barely touching the throttle. That causes me to think that it must be from the electronic throtle sensor. How do i reset it? What can i do?

Second problem, the rear end is making some funny noises. Like a knocking. I am not sure if it is bearing or cv joints. It seems to be really hard to push when it is in neutral too.
AHHHHH

We have a trip to the St Anthony Sand Dunes coming up in 3 weeks. So i need some help and fast.

Third Thing is that my bike is mostly stock except i just ordered a JD Jet Kit. Any suggestions for my settings I live at 3500 ft and I will be going to the ST Anthonys which is somewhere around 4500 ft (I think but not sure).

HELP!

outlawjeff
03-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I had the same issue with my 525. It is the throtle there is a adjustment right before the cable goes into the throtle etc switch. you will have to slide down the rubber boot protecting the nut for adjustment. I bet that nut came loose and your adj got screwed up. you cant miss the nut adj. it is a 5 min fix. just have about a 1/8 play in the throtle that is what the dealer recommends. i am not sure about the jetting but i have full ct exhaust, k&n filer w/no lid and my jetting is at 165 stock pilot and 3 turns on air screw. hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

LT250_JOE
03-29-2008, 05:21 PM
JD's Jet kit comes with ballpark setup at three different elevation levels. There is also a thread on what setup people are running at diff elevations(read 525 jetting poll).

sheriff525
03-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey Thanks Outlawjeff. Your right! I adjusted the thingy and now it runs beautifully again. Me and my brother and Dad all made new Nerfs for our quads today and next weekend we are doing some new bumpers. It was fun and they look great.

525 Outlaw Dude
03-29-2008, 11:26 PM
It has to do with the T.P.S Sensor and you need to rejust the tensioner so that there is no slack, BUT MAKE SHEAR THAT YOU DO NOT ADJUST IT TO WERE THE THUMB THROTTLE HAS NO PLAY, OR REJUST IT SO IT DOES, Second make shear that the Idle adjuster is about 1700-1900 because the 525 hates to be under 1500 and it is a ***** to get it started after it stall's, Third maby get a new spark plug, this could be easyly the problum ;), and the mechanic added that the pilot jet was plugged and the starting & idle circuit had a problum.

So hopfully this helped and you get to go to the dunes. The funny thing is that mine started screwing up before i was going to the dune to :p good luck

SSJEFF
03-30-2008, 12:58 AM
I unplugged the safety switch from the throttle housing and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

sheriff525
03-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone your help is much appreciated!
I got it running again.

The only thing left to figure out is why the back end is making funny noises. Has anyone had any problems with their CV joints.
What does a blown bearing sound like or what are the symptoms?

bossman525
03-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sheriff525
Thanks everyone your help is much appreciated!
I got it running again.

The only thing left to figure out is why the back end is making funny noises. Has anyone had any problems with their CV joints.
What does a blown bearing sound like or what are the symptoms?
does it make the noise when you brake hard with the rear brake?
mine makes a clunking noise sometimes when i brake hard with the rear brake

somewon
04-02-2008, 11:41 AM
why don't you post some pics of your custom parts? it's always neat to see what people come up with in regards to hand made nerfs and bumpers.

SSJEFF
04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
If it makes a clunking noise when brakeing or jumping it may be your chain too loose. It will hit the frame if is too loose.

TheOutlaw
04-29-2008, 05:12 PM
So i recently had the same problem with throttle coming loose or whatever happened only mine was slightly different. I adjusted the part on the throttle cable and got it so it would idle again, but it would idle normal for about 2-3 seconds then idle really fast for 4-5, then slow again and so on. I started to adjust the idle screw a little bit and eventually got it so that it idled normal but if i blipped the throttle it would hold the higher RPM that I revved to for a second or so before coming back down slowly. I tried readjusting but eventually came back to about where it was and it seems to be normal. Any idea why it would have happened like this? I just want to be sure there isn't anything wrong.

somewon
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
be careful,

My machine had the throttle stick when I blipped it going around a corner. The bike threw me and drove itself into a pond. I don't trust the electronic throttle crap and installed a teather to be safe.

SSJEFF
04-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by TheOutlaw
So i recently had the same problem with throttle coming loose or whatever happened only mine was slightly different. I adjusted the part on the throttle cable and got it so it would idle again, but it would idle normal for about 2-3 seconds then idle really fast for 4-5, then slow again and so on. I started to adjust the idle screw a little bit and eventually got it so that it idled normal but if i blipped the throttle it would hold the higher RPM that I revved to for a second or so before coming back down slowly. I tried readjusting but eventually came back to about where it was and it seems to be normal. Any idea why it would have happened like this? I just want to be sure there isn't anything wrong.

That sounds like a lean carb issue.