PDA

View Full Version : My anti-scam idea

MTDman11
03-29-2008, 10:45 AM
im not sure if this is in the wrong forum or not and also if its against rules.

ok im new to this and about to make my first transaction here with roadridin450r i checked his feedback its allgood but just to be safe.

here is how it works. the seller puts the item on ebay for the buy it now price of the agreement they have worked out. then the buyer gets the part for the buy it now price and uses paypal on ebay to work it out. i think this would be a good anti scam idea? im not sure tho.. post ur ideas on this and also how u have done transactions on this before i need some help.

Reticle
03-29-2008, 11:27 AM
The idea has merit, but if you think you are any more protected doing business through Ebay/PayPal than you are through here, guess again. I sold a $1000 item through Ebay, recieved money through PayPal, got an email 6 days later that the buyer used a fraudulent bank acct (6 DAYS LATER!) and that MY bank acct was frozen by PayPal until I deposited enough money in it for them to recover THEIR $1000.

I got ripped off by a buyer.
They couldn't track him down.
They STOLE from me.

It ended up getting worked out in the end. I tracked down the buyer 2 weeks later and as it turned out, it was an honest mistake on his part (he used a bank acct from the town he had just moved from) and he made it right very quickly.

The moral though is, do NOT fool yourself into believing that you are in ANY way protected as a buyer or seller by Ebay/PayPal.

I highly reccommend reading some of the stories here ---> http://www.paypalsucks.com/

MTDman11
03-29-2008, 12:25 PM
your your right =/ well how do i make this transaction as i am the buyer he is the seller, does he send the item like throgh ups when it arrives i send him cash in a envolope? send a check?

gf319804
03-29-2008, 12:26 PM
If you and the buyer have a paypal account, you can just use it to bill the buyer, and skip out on the ebay experience. That's what I have done before. Then you don't have to worry about the wrong people bidding on it etc...

Something I've seen on other site's that help, but does not guarantee anything is a trader score similar to ebay. It's called iTrader. It shows up underneath the user's name when they leave a post, and if you click on it, it shows their score and has a feedback system. Makes it easier than looking through the blacklist. Check it out here: http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=88709 Just click on the number in their iTrader score, and it will tell you all about them.

MTDman11
03-29-2008, 01:03 PM
seems like a good idea but how does the shipping end up working out

gf319804
03-29-2008, 01:28 PM
you just include the price of shipping into the cost of the item sold.

the link in my above post is fixed now also

Zach648
03-31-2008, 11:49 AM
would the buyer or seller be responsible for the ebay fees?

Its a good idea, I just think it would cost a bit more for someone.

Listing fees, Final Selling fees, Its gonna cost more to list something with a buy it now. Just a few to mention

But is always good to cover all the bases.

hondarider101
03-31-2008, 01:10 PM
yea roadridin450r is good. i have never delt with him but have seen his positive feedback. good idea but some people might not have an ebay account.

Trxman300
03-31-2008, 01:14 PM
yah, thanx guys for all ur help (me mtdman11, bro left his account on!.)