PDA

View Full Version : skidplate

400exrider_88
03-29-2008, 10:04 AM
i bought a armiddilo rear skiplate and it doesnt fit, the rear suspension linkage gets in the way, anyone know what to do? it needs to raise up about 2 inches to mount to the swingarm but the back mounts perfectly.

400exrider_88
03-29-2008, 10:20 AM
the right side of the picture is the front of it, where it needs to raise up, its off an 04 400ex and mines a01 400ex, is that the problem? if it is, i'll trade for any metal skidplate that will fit, just pm me.

bearair
03-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Do you have the spacers that go with it? I've got an Armadillo on mine and it mounts no problem. The front bolts go through the plate, through a spacer on each bolt, and then bolt to the swingarm. I bet you're missing the spacer sleeves. The rear can bolt up one of two ways. You can mount it directly to the swingarm, or you can install the flat spacer that comes with it between the swingarm and the plate. The spacer is optional for using larger than stock rear sprockets.

Valhalla
03-30-2008, 03:39 AM
yea i have the same skidplate and the front spacers are a must for it to mount up right. they are about 2 inches long and 3/4 inch thick aluminum tubes. the hole is just big enough for th eshaft of the bolt to slide through.

if you didnt get any with your plate, a local machine shop should be able to make you a set pretty quickly.