PDA

View Full Version : air in works shocks???

sprt400ex
11-05-2001, 07:05 PM
i dont have rezzies on my triple rates ,. can i put air in the valve what will that do. my friend said i should.
thanks please help

11-05-2001, 07:48 PM
dude you don't want to do this....shocks are charged with a nitrogen/lubricant mix and if you put plain compressed air in them then it will make your shocks really bounsy......well it did my cousins rm 80......but i wouldn't if i were you :square

400exRacerX
11-05-2001, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I would definatly leave then alone and don't put anything in them. They are already under pressure and charge with gas's jsut leave them be.

Mity Mo
11-05-2001, 09:07 PM
For one thing that is extremely dangerous to do. You dont have the equipment to maintain the pressure that is in those shocks. Never screw with the pressure inside shocks unless you are qualified. You can make a bad shock go worse. Take it to an authorized mechanic. Most of the time you can find a rebuilder at the track otherwise find a magazine and send them to a dealer. You can cost your self alot of greif or even injury if you attempt to put air in them. Most shocks have well over 200psi in them. DONT LISTEN TO YOUR FRIEND ON THIS ONE. I have been racing for awhile now and I have seen guys get hurt doing exactly that.:(