PDA

View Full Version : more power...more of everything

Butters
11-22-2002, 10:57 PM
ok i am tired of my dad saying i can go faster than you. he has a warrior and all he can do is go faster than me. i can do anything on my 300 better. i can wheelie better jump etc etc.. so what can i do to make mine beat his. i don't really want to put a 330 kit on it but other bore kits or stuff may be a possibility. any suggestions???

Gusto
11-22-2002, 11:08 PM
Well...being a Dad and hearing my son saying the same thing day in and day out....your just going to have to learn to live with it :p I am most certain that your dad has a bigger budget then you do....so when my son gets something that makes his quad faster...I will one up him. The bottom line is, my son can out ride me! I may go faster from point A to point B, and I can do a wheelie longer then him, but he is still better when it comes to riding the crap out of his quad. So when your dad smokes you, ask him to go to the track and do about 8 laps :p When he is sitting on his quad next to me taking a breather you can rest assured that you beat him! Just remember..it's not always the fastest quad that wins...it's the one who can ride and handle his quad for the entire race. Have fun and let us dad's enjoy our small found victories:macho

josh
11-22-2002, 11:18 PM
screw that, i'm a son and put a system and one tooth smaller front sprocket on my 250x and beat his stock mint 1999 warrior by about 2 bike lengths going down the street here, and yes, we race repetidly down the street and after just the front sprocket i was able to keep up with him, and after the pipe there was no more comments made, go get a system and gear it down one up front and thenyou can laugh at him all you want, but that is a 80 pound difference from me to my dad, and when we switched bikes i would waste him, weight does make a difference, but just put a filter, pipe, and gear

danney f
11-23-2002, 01:47 AM
Just change your sprokets go up in the front for more top end or down for more bottom end. Its the other way around for the rear.

ChEX
11-23-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Gusto
Well...being a Dad and hearing my son saying the same thing day in and day out....your just going to have to learn to live with it :p I am most certain that your dad has a bigger budget then you do....so when my son gets something that makes his quad faster...I will one up him. The bottom line is, my son can out ride me! I may go faster from point A to point B, and I can do a wheelie longer then him, but he is still better when it comes to riding the crap out of his quad. So when your dad smokes you, ask him to go to the track and do about 8 laps :p When he is sitting on his quad next to me taking a breather you can rest assured that you beat him! Just remember..it's not always the fastest quad that wins...it's the one who can ride and handle his quad for the entire race. Have fun and let us dad's enjoy our small found victories:macho

So true, if my dad really wanted to make a quad faster than mine, I would have no chance. The budget is not there for this 18 year old college man.

ESR250R
11-23-2002, 09:33 AM
just do what i did. my dad use to beat up on me when i had my blaster and he had a 300ex, so i just bought a 250r.

quadman
11-23-2002, 09:37 AM
well, get a e series exhaust, hotcams stage2, rejet carb, k&N air filter, and kick his ***

Butters
11-23-2002, 06:17 PM
well i have a 14t sprocket in the front and i have a K&N filter with jet kit. i have a dg pipe but its crap. and then i'm poor.

AndrewRRR
11-23-2002, 07:10 PM
Unless you are going for top speed you don't want a 14t sprocket. Go with a 12t for more acceleration, a 14t will give you more on top but will hurt your accel.
You might want to sell your DG pipe and get a WB E-series.

11-23-2002, 07:13 PM
buy a 400 stroker kit

Butters
11-23-2002, 10:01 PM
yeah i want more top end thats why i got a 14t. and i want more. i have good aceleration the way it is. but i can't really change the gearing anymore for top end, cause that will really hurt acceleration. i don't know what all i should do. i think i am just going to make my project quad awesome.

330EXman
11-23-2002, 10:33 PM
do what i did get a 395 kit

im soon to get a tc 405 kit

Butters
11-23-2002, 10:38 PM
i can't even afford a 330 kit. i won't be able to afford the 395.

330EXman
11-23-2002, 10:45 PM
lol $2500

Butters
11-23-2002, 10:47 PM
yeah i could buy another quad for that. that project quad is starting to sound better.