PDA

View Full Version : Wow this is torture

jesseweaver
03-28-2008, 08:20 PM
we just got a ninja and it says for break-in, for the first 500 miles dont run it above 4000rpm. and thats not that fast. then from 500-1000 miles only up to 6000rpm. how important is the break in?

blacknblue#2
03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I aint sure on a motor like that (being a real tight tolerence engine) But ive always had my own philosophy on breaking quads in and i know some dont agree but it works for me. I break an engine in how its gonna be ran. When i unload a quad i start it up and run the pi** out of it. some dont believe me when i say this and i never had proof of it till 2003 when i bought one of my couple 400EXs i broke it in wide open from the time it come off the truck till the time i changed its oil the first time and until i started gettin into heavily modding it would run circles around other stock 400EX's. Now im not sayin go out and hold your bike on the rev limiter but i am sayin if it was mine i would ride it the same today as im going to 6 months down the road.

JForestZ34
03-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Many people have said that if you load the engine from the get go it will help the rings seal alot better than if you just baby it for a little while. That way it holds compression better.. I've ridden mine hard from the minute it came off my truck I didn't hit the rev limiter but I wasn't easy on it..

James