PDA

View Full Version : Good places to ride in Ohio?

fmf400ex
11-22-2002, 10:05 PM
Where are some good places in Ohio to ride. I already know about Wayne National Forest and have been there a few times, but are there any other good places to ride? I live about 20 minutes south of canton.

hindelk
11-23-2002, 08:27 AM
ever been to elson street it reminds me of wayne except wayne has more ruts elson is fun trails and not to ruted up and some nice hills some extreme some for little ones

trailhouseowner
11-23-2002, 05:44 PM
How about traveling south for some real riding at the Hatfield-McCoy Trail Systems. Great riding!!! Over 450 miles of trails. You will have a great time!! Best riding in the Eastern US!!

http://browningforktrail.tripod.com

fmf400ex
11-23-2002, 10:10 PM
Yes I have been to elson street and it is nice, but i here that there are getting to be to many dirt bikes there now. I have heard a lot about that hatfield macoy, does it have some nice trails there?

trailhouseowner
11-23-2002, 10:28 PM
fmf400ex,
Honestly, I think we have some of the best trails in the Eastern US. In October, I started renting a trailhouse to riders of the trail. I have had six different groups of people come in to stay in the trailhouse. I have had people from Iowa, Illinois, Virginia, Maryland, Indiana and Ohio. Every group that has been here say that it is the best trails they have ever ridden. I had a group from Ohio about the second weekend in October. They are coming back tomorrow evening to stay with us and ride the trails for three more days. It is really exciting around here. The trails are expanding so quickly. We have over 450 miles of trails and will soon have more opened. The people in the area give the riders great hospitality because they understand how important they are to the economy. In the towns of Gilbert and Man, ATVs are actually allowed to ride on the state roads to travel through town. Everyone is always willing to help in anyway. All my guest said they will be back for a return visit with us. I had a professor from Harvard University contact me yesterday. Thursday night I had a man from Toronto, Canada contact me to make reservations. People come from all over the country. Because we have so many miles of trails, the trails are not crowded at all. Visit the official website of the trail for more info: htttp://trailsheaven.com . If I can be any assistance to you call or email me. I hope this gives you some more information about our trails. Think seriously about visiting us. I know you would have a great time.

http://browningforktrail.tripod.com:D

hindelk
11-24-2002, 04:42 PM
not to many dirt bikes i have been there twice this year and still more dirt bikes than quads i think where else do you ride and if you mx you have malvern and outlaw extreme right next to elson

fmf400ex
11-24-2002, 06:46 PM
Yeah I have been to malvern alot its about 10 min from my house, but i have never been to outlaw, whats that like?

redrider05
11-24-2002, 06:52 PM
outlaw extreme,is mainly a dirt bike track.It is realy rough for a quad because they dont take care of it i guess.Has any body been at thunder valley lately

TRXMaddness
11-24-2002, 06:58 PM
Have you ever riding in Massillon. I'm from that area. Just stationed in Va. I ride there all the time when I'm up home visiting my family. I just found all the steel mill areas to ride.

fmf400ex
11-25-2002, 09:28 AM
Thats sounds sweet. I never knew there were places to ride in massillon.

TRXMaddness
11-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Usually to ride there in Massillon you have to know how to get into the trails. Alot have to deal with the railroad tracks to actually ride in most of them. With my parents being there on some of the property we just made a trail into the trails. I'll look ya up when I get up home for the holidays this year. Best way to ride is getting invited. My sister knows alot of the trails, but she's unable to ride due to her being pregnant.