PDA

View Full Version : DC's NEW Slipper Clutch

mxdad423
03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Just to let everybody know, DC's NEW slipper clutch will be ready for production on Monday 3-31-08. The all NEW design requires NO CASE OR CLUTCH COVER MODS, bolt on and go. because of patent pending, we can not disclose any prices at this time, but you can PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin Smitley

tireman43
03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
You have a PM my friend.

Logan #34's Dad
03-28-2008, 10:09 PM
YOU TEASE!! LOL
You run it yet? Can Logan now land on the gas? :p

tmfracing
03-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Will this work on a 08 Can-Am DS90X?

mxdad423
03-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
YOU TEASE!! LOL
You run it yet? Can Logan now land on the gas? :p

Hey Rocky, I just couldn't help myself, LOL...I would like to say more but can't until Monday when Dave gives me the OK.
Yea Logan would be able to leave the throttle open through the woops, in the air, and when landing. I haven't run one yet, only because I haven't had the need for one, Brandon has only tore out one set of gears in 5 years, he's always been pretty good with the throttle control. But I am probably going to get one anyway, you know me, got to have it all...LOL....

Thanks
Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
03-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by tmfracing
Will this work on a 08 Can-Am DS90X?

I will check with Dave on that on Monday, I know the rear bell on the Can-Am's are a little differant but he may be able to make one for it. Will let you know something on Monday..

Thanks
Kevin Smitley

Logan #34's Dad
03-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey Kevin, Will this set up work with the Kasea style output drive shaft with the two bolt front sprockets?

mxdad423
03-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Yea Rocky it will, it goes on the clutch side not the sprocket side so it will work on any of them. It's not like the slipper sprocket, it's totally differant.

Kevin Smitley

dcarter
03-31-2008, 05:22 PM
okay guys here is the skinny on the new clutch! gabreiale conners tested the very first unit and for 15 races she had no problem and she goes wide open every where she goes. i have 10 test units out there and no one has broken a set of gears yet. that being said i would still reccomend the kids letting off the gas a little. i feel very confident in the unit but i will not say 100% you will never break anouther set of gears that would be stupid on my part, but i feel it is the best thing going, first day and only four left out of the first run!!!! thanks all

wvspeedfreak
03-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Dave/Kevin,what type of maintenence is required with this clutch and does it perform like a conventional clutch under normal riding conditions?

mxdad423
03-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Really no other maintainence required then what you do already with your regular clucth set up. Hope that helps you out.

Thanks Jason,
Kevin Smitley

Logan #34's Dad
03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
OH DAVE, your killing me here. Or at least my wallet. LOL. Guess I've gotta start hiding cash from the wifey-poo AGAIN! LOL :blah:

riding4fun
03-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
OH DAVE, your killing me here. Or at least my wallet. LOL. Guess I've gotta start hiding cash from the wifey-poo AGAIN! LOL :blah:

Are you saying you stopped:devil:

That's the only way I survive.

dcarter
04-01-2008, 04:35 AM
as far a maintaining the set up there are two friction disk's in the set up . when you get the set up you can mike the thickness of the disk and atfer two or three races you can check them. none of the test units have had to change any of them yet. tony's daughter had fifteen races on her's last year and no problem. barry from bennett's off road has been running one at the works series this year and had no problem at all either. these two are the ones who have given me the most feed back. i am sending the people who got gen1 and gen2 set up's the new parts i designed and built for gen3 so they can update to the lasted, at no charge i want everyone on the same thing. i feel these units are the best thing going for the tranny issues out there. we have done a lot of testing on them and when i say i can not 100% say you will never blow anouther tranny i want people to understand there are things i do not know about every motor out there. like is the little bearing in front of the output shaft bearing bad or are the cases in every unit good. most of the cases i have modified for our new big bearing set up have had the other bearing bad in the cases as well. i personally feel the bearing mod. to the cases is a must for serious h.p. motors. this gives a lot more support the the out put shaft. i try to put out the best product i can and will try to help any one who needs it or wants it. thanks all dc

wvspeedfreak
04-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Dave,it was nice talking to you today.I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions about this clutch set up.I'll call you in the morning to order one.

Jason Fridley

hotquads1
04-02-2008, 09:36 AM
I have got the new set-up in hand , and I will attest that it is the best Idea i have seen, we will have it in operation this week . Dave , I think you have a winner with this product . Any of you guys looking for a solution to your gear woes , check this out !
marc

boomer43
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
will this fit on the apex.the 08 apex has a slipper clutch is this the same

dcarter
04-02-2008, 07:22 PM
i belive what you have is a slipper sprocket. mine is a slipper clutch and it goes on the inside of the motor. yes it will fit the apex 90. hunter harper won the 90 cvt class at the nationals this weekend with one in his bike. dc

tmfracing
04-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Hello DC,

Will this slipper clutch work on a 08" Can-Am DS90X? If so, I guess there will be no need for a KOSO clutch correct?

dcarter
04-03-2008, 03:54 AM
hello,
i have a dx 90 in the shop now and monday i will take it apert and see if it will work while i am doing the a-arms and swing arms for the bike. as far as the koso clutch you can still run one if you would like to. thanks dc

jaksdad
04-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Morning Dave
what is the retail price on the 'clutch unit' and availability,obviously testing is complete and seems succesful. Did you receive my e mail ?
Would you get back to me when you can, much appreciated
Rod

Rayzer
04-16-2008, 10:32 AM
I can understand not wanting to post the price but who do I get into contact with to find out this and other info? How long do you expect this system to last and can you rebuild it? I have two kids, one on a 90DRX and the other on a 70. I do not expect the older boy to be riding the 90 much longer before I start looking for a super mini so can this unit then be changed to the 70 when that time comes?

BACKWOODSBOYZ
04-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Contact Dave at 501 (-472) -9668 or 501 (-679) -5780

Nichols Atvs
04-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Rayzer
I can understand not wanting to post the price but who do I get into contact with to find out this and other info? How long do you expect this system to last and can you rebuild it? I have two kids, one on a 90DRX and the other on a 70. I do not expect the older boy to be riding the 90 much longer before I start looking for a super mini so can this unit then be changed to the 70 when that time comes?

Right now contact Dave. and the clutch will go on your 70 aswell as the 90.

dcarter
04-17-2008, 04:45 AM
Hey rayzer,
yes the unit can be put on either bike. I have not tried it under the drr 70 cover yet, but we keep 90 kick covers in stock. the rear kick cover on the 90 is a little bigger. as soon as i get a hold of a 70 cover i will try it. as for the super mini look us up in virginia at the nationals we have a few of them at the nationals again this year. check out the congrats to team dc, ryan harness is on our 70 mod. and matt my son is on a 90 mod. let me know what you think, dave

wvspeedfreak
04-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey Dave,I sent you a pm.

tmfracing
04-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Hello DC,

Have you had an opportunity to check to see if this clutch will fit the DS90X?

Thanks,

dcarter
04-22-2008, 03:36 AM
I removed the cover from the can am 90 yesterday and everything looks good. I am putting some new units together today and i will post after i try one. Thanks dave

dcarter
04-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I have put the new slipper clutch on a ds90x from can am and it does fit quite well. DAve

tmfracing
04-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Great!

manson98
04-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Can you pm me a price on this clutch? Thanks

Rayzer
04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Question. Assuming (and I know I shouldn't assume) that the clutch still has the basic componants, when they have to be replaced do you have to replace the whole slipper clutch system or can you still replace and or tinker with the basic set up like pads, springs or even replace an overworked bell?

Sorry I didn't get to stop by last weekend in Va but I am a Firefighter and I had to be a work for the better part of the weekend.

Ray

dcarter
04-30-2008, 03:52 AM
Hey Ray
The main wear item in the slipper is the friction disk, and i keep those in stock. Our test unit has been run since last august and still no wear on the disk. yes if the bell needs to be replaced you can order just the bell. there is also a bevel spring that is considered a wear item and it can be replaced to. After you buy the clutch if any part needs to be replaced you can order just the part that needs to be replaced. I try to build my products where they can be maintained with out having to buy a whole new unit. I think this is better in the long run. Dave

dcarter
05-05-2008, 07:29 PM
just an update for everyone out there, i spoke with Mike paulas who's son runs in the neatva and he ran the slipper at one of the roughest tracks they run on this weekend. He said that when his son landed off the jumps and going through the whoops every time the tires hit the ground dirt flew up so he knows he was landing on the gas. They took the cover apart and every thing looked good on the inside!!! Thanks to all the riders dad's who are giving me imput on the set up. So far not one broken tranny with this set up. Thanks all!!!

BACKWOODSBOYZ
05-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Dave's slipper clutch,AWSOME !!!!!!!!!
We put it though the test through two races
This weekend we ran a rough track,woops,holes,ect..
The end of the day came and no problems:D

Throughout the past year or so we have tried
(5) differnt slipper sprockets,case saver,gears and
transmision mods.4 DNF'S while leading the race:(

Thanks Dave,
Michael Pahlas( BACKWOODS BOYZ RACING)

Andyman17dad
05-06-2008, 06:21 AM
I can attest to Mikey's problems in the past.
And now, unfortunatly for the rest of the 70's up here ;) :D , he is definatly "on track"!
It is working very well for him!

dcarter
05-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Thanks Mike,
It is very nice when some one post's how good a product is working that i have built. Tell Dupont when he breaks his next set of gears to give me a call!! Just kidding i hope he doesn't break any, but if he does we have a cure. thanks DC

dcarter
05-15-2008, 04:40 AM
congrats to kaleb conners,
Kaleb's sister gaberile was our very first test rider for the slipper clutch and tony put one on kaleb's bike a few weeks ago. Kaleb is 9 years old and ran one for the first time this weekend. He ran three moto's and took the hole shot in all three and lead every lap taking three moto wins. Tony called me last night and told me when the gate droped he pinned it and kept it pinned all the way.
Great job kaleb and keep testing that thing!!!!
Dave
p.s. it is nice to hear when something i have designed works and the kids are very happy, thanks all

Logan #34's Dad
05-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey Dave, I have yet to meet you at Nationals. Anyhow, Have you been able to figure out how to make it work with the Dr. Pulley?
Thanks, Rocky

dcarter
05-16-2008, 04:57 AM
Hey Rocky
no i have not been able to get it to work with the DR. pulley set up. I spoke with billie holt and he suggested that if some one did not want to run there factory set up that mallosy makes a good set up that will work with it. I am still trying, don't give up. Dave