PDA

View Full Version : Malossi Over Range on a 50cc

#404's Dad
03-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Ok if I were to run the Malossi Over Range stuff on my boy's 50cc DRR what parts would you guys that are running the same stuff suggest, What belt, Rollers, Springs ect?

Our setup last year liked the 3.5 gram rollers by far the most, should this be the same with the Malossi stuff as it was with the KOSA stuff or does the "Over Ranging" change all that?

Thanks in advance.

Logan #34's Dad
03-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Hey dude, To be perfectly honest with you I do not know if the cost outweighs the performance. I run the overrange and get beat to turn one by people running "stock" pulleys. If you have the extra cash then go for it and test it out on your dyno. The concept is there so I'd love to see your findings. If I can get over to you I'll gladly let you transplant it on your son's machine. As far as what belt and stuff. All the info you need is on your other post about TT stuff.
Later, Rocky - OHIO

bulldogfallon
03-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't belive a 50 can use the kit to make it worth the purchase.

A 50 is limited by itself in many upgrades

Most will not return an improvement worth mentioning

Ported Cylinder and head work by a "proven 50cc" builder and seat time is the best ROI you will get from a 50.

dirttrack86
03-31-2008, 04:46 PM
If you want a free Malossi overrange kit, go to the track at Duquin Ill., there is a new one laying out there in the field somewhere. I know because I'm the one who took the piece of crap off my daughters quad and threw it as hard as I could. 50cc and overrange don't mix.

#404's Dad
03-31-2008, 07:49 PM
WOW, that bad huh? Well I guess its a good thing I have a couple KOSO's and some Stockers laying around for just in case then lol.

drr5
03-31-2008, 08:01 PM
i believe the stock drr variator works the best, and a basic light wieght clutch nothing to agressive seem to be a good setup, the stock frc clutch is great for the first handful of races then they tend to go away, all the dust in the clutch cover.