PDA

View Full Version : Drill wheels for different bolt pattern????

300exOH
03-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I have a set of ITP mudlights on suzuki lt230s rims that I would like to use on my 250ex for mud/snow riding. Would it be possible to drill it out myself for the honda bolt pattern? If so what would be the best method? I hate to spend the money on a extra set of honda wheels plus mounting the tires just to use them a few times a year.

Scro
03-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't know about doing it yourself. Aside from the stud holes being the right distance apart, everything has to be squared and center in the wheel perfectly or it will wobble.

It can be done - I've seen it before. If you do decide to do it yourself, I would take ALOT of measurements before you start drilling.

300exOH
03-28-2008, 11:33 AM
That's pretty much what I was thinking. What I'm worried about is where to measure from...as a starting point. I can't easily measure from an exact center since it's just a big hole in the middle of the rim. If I can figure that part out I think I can get close enough that they shouldn't wobble enough to matter for just mud and snow.

03-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Get a piece of paper, lay it over the Honda rim and rub the paper with some charcoal to get the 4 x studs and the center hub location. Lay that ove the Suzuki wheel, rub the paper and the charcoal should transfere on to the wheel. Done it before, worked fine and saves any measuring.

300exOH
03-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Ikilla2
Get a piece of paper, lay it over the Honda rim and rub the paper with some charcoal to get the 4 x studs and the center hub location. Lay that ove the Suzuki wheel, rub the paper and the charcoal should transfere on to the wheel. Done it before, worked fine and saves any measuring.

Ya know I thought about trying that but I'm not sure the center hole in the wheels are the same size. I guess it wouldn't be that hard to center one over the other though. Thanks I just may try that. I really have nothing to lose since the lt230 wheels aren't exactly valuable. lol