PDA

View Full Version : broken shaft

drxracing
03-28-2008, 01:17 AM
i had my typoon for 1 year and never had no problems until this sat the shaft that the crank is broke at the tip and the kick start wont work just falls down has this happend to any one befor??
iam talking about the shaft were the clutch shoes go not were the clutch basket is

guy310
03-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Broken crankshaft is not that uncommon. We broke ours and instead of rebuilding the xtreme engine, we just installed a pitbike engine with a manual clutch. If it is broken at the tip, it should start and run, it just won't go anywhere.

drxracing
03-30-2008, 04:34 PM
thanks guy for the reply and yes thats what it dose extream said they would give me another motor but i would have to pay shiping on it both ways how do i install the other clutch your talking about and where do i get it

guy310
03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
I would take the engine if I were you. Shipping won't be more than 100 dollars combined. I installed a complete engine with a manual clutch already on it. Go to www.ahpminis.com and check out what they have. That is where I got mine. If you want to pm me your phone number and I can answer any questions you might have.