PDA

View Full Version : flywheel weights?

Nac's22
03-27-2008, 09:09 PM
im asking this question for a friend of mine. i really dont know much about banshees so i figured you guys would know wayyyyyyy better then me. is it possible to put weights on a banshees flywheel or a heavier one in general. if so where would he go about finding these? by adding weight it should add bottom end correct? thanks guys

Dinner
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Hmm, I don't know of many people that have added weight to their flywheel. Most will bump compression(shave the stock head a certain thou) which helps out bottom end. Also adjust your timing to +4, that will help out your bottom, and even mid quite a bit.

I wouldn't recommend adding weight to your flywheel yourself if your friend does go this route. Unless he has a machine he can balance the flywheel on..you can throw it off balance quite easily :eek2:

speedfreek
03-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I have seen it done before. Yes it helps. If he wants torque, get a 4 stroke. A shee is made for screemin as most 2 strokes are.
Tell him to change the sprockets for better takeoff. This will help with bottom end performance.

Mx_Banshee23
04-06-2008, 06:24 PM
well this is his bud, im not gonna weight the flywheel im changing up to a pro design cool head, what do you guys suggest dome wise because i want that low end but i dont really want to have to run race fuel but if it helps alot i guess i will. what is the highest compression dome without racefuel? thanks alot

Dinner
04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Hmm I think usually 140-150psi is where you want to start running 105+ Octane.

Advancing your timing will give you quite a bit for the bottom as well

Mx_Banshee23
04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
how is the timing increased and how much should i go buy? thanks