PDA

View Full Version : fuel range ?

rigger
03-27-2008, 05:42 PM
What kind of fuel range can I expect out of a stock tank on a Banshee. Mods are the normal pipes and such.

This is trail riding, no MX. Just play riding.

How many miles can you average out of a full tank?

Dinner
03-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Not sure on how many miles, however if you are just putting around taking her easy and hauling on it every now and then you'll probably see 3-4 hours, probably even more.

03-29-2008, 07:55 PM
My friend had a K&N air filter, airbox lid removed, Toomey T5 exhaust. He went through over 5 gallons of gas in a normal day of riding. Maybe 5 hours. It was unbelievable how much gas it sucked down for not even doing anything else special than everyone elses 400ex.

Dinner
03-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
My friend had a K&N air filter, airbox lid removed, Toomey T5 exhaust. He went through over 5 gallons of gas in a normal day of riding. Maybe 5 hours. It was unbelievable how much gas it sucked down for not even doing anything else special than everyone elses 400ex.

Yea I can see that.

Banshee's are not made for fuel mileage. If you want fuel mileage then you'll have to go for a 4 stroke, or a smaller 2 stroke engine.

I don't really care that my shee has crap all for mileage,lol. I will be running either 108 or 112 fuel this season and going through a tank like nothing..so it could be worse:D

rigger
03-30-2008, 05:30 AM
Well I ran a 20 mile trail yesterday and did not hit reserve. I will measure the amount of gas I put back in it so that it will give me a basic average distance number for trail riding. That was jut playing with it and only getting on it really hard in a few places and just riding up on the edge of the pipe and hitting where the trail allowed.

I will let you guys know what it averaged when I put fuel back in it today.

rigger
03-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Put gas back in her today. Used right at two gallons. Started with a full three. Ran the 20 mile trail. That puts it at about 10-11 mpg for average trail ride. I am guessing the reserve is about a half gallon, if so then a 25 mile range is about right before hitting reserve.