PDA

View Full Version : 05 raptor 660 won't start

jmann660
03-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Before winter i bought a white bros rev box and went out a few times and had a hard time starting it. Got cold and wouldn't start at all. I found out that the white bros rev box isn't that good. So i put the oem box back in and it still wont start at all. I checked the fuel, air intake, and spark. The only thing that looked funny is that the spark seemed weak. Does anyone know how i can check if im getting a good enough spark or what i should do next?
Thanks for your help

jmann660
03-27-2008, 11:28 AM
It has a new battery fully charged also.

smoothunknown
03-27-2008, 12:19 PM
the first things i would start with is checking the valve clearance, that caused alot of hard starts for me, if that still doesn't help i would check the coil with a multimeter. the resistance should be 0.18-0.28 ohms through the primary coil (putting one lead on the orange wire lead and the other on the base of the coil where it grounds) and the secondary coil should be 6.32 ~ 9.48 K ohms (putting one lead on the orange lead and the other on the spark plug lead)

Pritchett
04-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Hmmm, is it cold outside? believe it or not when my 01 raptor gets cold or sits for couple weeks/months it never wants to start. I can put the choke on full and crank it till im blue in the face. I have discovered a solution tho....crazy as it might sound, I just put the bike in 1st or 2nd and I push and hop it.....What im doing is getting the rear wheels to turn the motor.....I then go back to full choke and blamo it starts almost right away...maybe it will work for you dunno.

jmann660
04-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I changed the coil and it fired up on the first crank. Thanks for your replies.