PDA

View Full Version : Western KY riding areas?

Striker49
11-05-2001, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know of anywhere to ride thats close. I live near Paducah KY and I know of Turkey Bay, Soldier Creek, and Beach Tree but I cant find anymore. I rode Beach Tree last Saturday and if my helmet gets here in time im headin up to Turkey Bay next weekend. My father used to ride 3 wheelers bout 16 years ago but most of the places he used to ride have been takin over by a wildlife refuge and the trails closed and patrolled randomly by 4x4s (quads not trucks) so theres no way I could ride them anymore. Any help would be appreciated b/c my yard is gettin rutted pretty fast.

11-12-2001, 12:20 PM
I think 909 is somewhere around there. It's in Livingstione i think.:cool:

Striker49
11-12-2001, 03:24 PM
Thx, I look into it :D

BTW, Turkey Bay is sweet. Rough ridin but its awesome.

Moto92
11-12-2001, 10:56 PM
If you live in Paducah it wouldnt be to far for you to drive to Marion, IL. Theres a new OHV park there thats great riding.
Its Illinois funded so you have to buy the $11 OHV permit to ride.
They have two tracks and I think about 500 acres of grounds. I heard they were buying alot more ground too.
Oh yeah, its called Little Egypt OHV Park.
If your interested I can get you more info and directions.

Striker49
11-13-2001, 05:54 AM
Whoa, great. Can you give me some more info if its not to much trouble. And do you know of any places near Galconda. Ive heard they may open somin up there or somin already is there. I forget. Any more info at all would be helpful b/c im seriously look for some good riding areas that arent 3-6 hours from here. Thx a lot man.

Moto92
11-15-2001, 11:18 PM
From Paducah youll need to take I-24 north to I-57 north until you get to the Marion/Carbondale exit. That will put you on Rt. 13.
Take 13 east towards Harrisburg. It should be 7 miles and Little Egypt OHV will be on your right. There will be a big billboard sign at the turnoff. Even if you miss the turn youll see the park as you go by it so youll be able to find it, its right beside Rt.13.
The phone # I have for them is (618) 252-2062.
Make sure you call before you go up any time soon because they had some weekends closed in NOV. and DEC. for hunting season.
Its $10 a day to ride, and if you dont have an Illinios OHV sticker that will cost $11.
If you didnt know this months Dirt Wheels magazine has the Illinois track guide in it, so go pick it up. I believe its the one with the new yellow Suzuki on the cover.
Maybe Ill see you there sometime :)

Striker49
11-16-2001, 07:25 PM
Thx alot. Ill probably go sometime in the spring. I appreciate it alot. Maybe ill see ya there as well :cool:

12-01-2001, 11:00 PM
Well, I thought everybody who lived in Kentucky had heard of Livingston, but apparently not. Well there is Livingston, S-Tree, and a real sweet place called Mountain Parkway Offroad, its a pay place, but its got the sickest trails in KY. Plus they host HAre Scrambles & Poker Runs & stuff. Theres also some real sweet trails in Hazard KY, you just gotta know where to look.:grr

Striker49
12-02-2001, 08:48 PM
I know what Livingston is now....im stupid..lol. Im gonna try to go up there sometime...maybe next weekend or somin. There are alot of good trails and like you said youve gotta know where to look. :cool:

Adam F
12-02-2001, 11:28 PM
Hey, me and a few 300ex buddies are ridding up at Livingston next weekend. That place rules. It's a 2.5 hour drive for me from Cincinnati but we go usually every couple of weekends. There is soooo much to explore out there. Next weekend we are venturing out to find the MX track that is supposedly out there. My friends rode for 2 hours last time and could not find it. Has anyone ever been to this track? How do I get there? Hey if you do in fact go to Livingston next weekend, feel free to give us a holler. We will be at least 3 guys on 300ex's, me on a 02, one on a 95, and at least one on a 00. We will be in a big old Ford conversion van and a big trailer.

12-03-2001, 06:34 AM
Im sure if you rode long enough you could find a MX Track somewhere, but as far as one being close to Livingston...I wouldnt count on it. There are a lot of rumors of places that dont really exist there. The closest MX track I know of is Daniel Boone MX Park. Anyways, have you ever been down to the playgrounds at Livingston? Its wicked. If your into muddin' then you gotta go down there. I just like it because the trip down there has a lot of rockey downhills and stuff. Only thing about Livingston is is that there are a lot of drunk dudes in dune buggies and jeeps, so you always gotta gbe ready for a buggie to fly around the next corner, but once you get used to it, its fine. Im not planning on going there this weekend, but I'll let you all know whenever I do go there so we can meet up.

Adam F
12-03-2001, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by SickSpikez
have you ever been down to the playgrounds at Livingston?

Yea, that part is fun. I've never been there in my quad, since I just got it. But I have been there in my 4runner. Theres a couple of off camber spots on the way down that nearly has my truck tipping over on its side. It's fun to ride around in the river. I want to cross it next time in my quad. We ought to get a group ride down there sometime. Here's some pics.

http://www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/temp/frontthumb.JPG

http://www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/temp/waterthumb.JPG

Here's my buddy Jamie stuck in the mud!!

http://www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/temp/Jamie.JPG

Striker49
12-03-2001, 03:53 PM
Hey, ill talk to my dad tonight and see what hes plannin next weekend b/c hes off work. We usually go ridin everyweekend now so we might head up there since there are only 2 places near my house to ride and one of em is a hisuge creek but that would be stupid to ride in it at the moment....losta rain + cool weather..lol. Ill PM ya or somin if we decide to go, If we go we'll probably get my cousin and his dad to go on their Red 300 Fourtrax and maybe get my g-pas Blue 300 Fourtrax if my sisters go. :rolleyes: Ill get back to ya and ill see whats goin on tonight.

Striker49
12-03-2001, 08:03 PM
What Livingston are you talkin bout exactly? The County or some city somewhere? B/c ive never heard of Livingston, KY but I know of Livingstion Co. KY that has who knows how many miles of trails and stuff. Otherewise I have no clue what you are talkin bout, I think Ive confused myslef or somin :huh

Adam F
12-03-2001, 09:39 PM
Livingston KY. It is exit 49 off I-75, about 60 miles south of Lexington. It is close to Mt Vernon KY.

Striker49
12-04-2001, 05:57 PM
Well, forget that idea. I wont be goin there for a long time if ever. :rolleyes:

Adam F
12-04-2001, 11:25 PM
Why? Too far of a drive? How long would it take you?

Striker49
12-05-2001, 05:11 PM
Im guessin 3-4 Hours but my dad is the one drivin so we wont be goin I dont imagine.

12-05-2001, 07:35 PM
Hey adam f do you have any more pic's from livingston. I go about once a month. It a great place to ride. Check out www.kyatv.com and click on rider's pic's. There are some pic's from there if you have any you want to send him he will post them.

Adam F
12-05-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by hondaboy7
Hey adam f do you have any more pic's from livingston. I go about once a month. It a great place to ride. Check out www.kyatv.com and click on rider's pic's. There are some pic's from there if you have any you want to send him he will post them.

Yea I got a bunch more, but they are all of my truck and some friend's trucks. Hopefully I will be getting some more shots of my quad there. Then I'll send some in.