PDA

View Full Version : speed limiter removal

shoey
03-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Anybody know how to remove the speed limiter from the clutch to allow this bike to go faster?

47501exracer
03-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I think it is in the front variator. I am getting ready to remove mine also but haven't had time. Please post if you have any luck.

If you have the two stroke there is also a restrictor in the carb that doesn't allow it to open all the way.

asohagan
06-14-2008, 12:11 AM
just done this on a dvx 50 and it worked great, no loss of bbottom end and tons more speed, i also went to a smaller rear sprocket. its very easy mod.

gcat
06-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by asohagan
just done this on a dvx 50 and it worked great, no loss of bbottom end and tons more speed, i also went to a smaller rear sprocket. its very easy mod.

I have a 2004 DVX 50 and wanting to do the same,

What tooth on the rear sprocket and what did you do for more speed?

asohagan
06-18-2008, 02:44 AM
you can do this and get more speed without changing sprockets.

all you have to do is pull off the cover on the left side of the bikes engine and then remove the nut on the front belt drive pulley. behind that nut there will be a spacer that is about .5 inch or less thick, simply remove it and put it all back together. process done
you just gave the bike about 5-7 more mph and you will gain another 3-5 by changing rear sprockets to a smaller one i will count the teeth on my new one and let you know.

taking the baffle out of the exhaust really helps to and it doesnt make it that much louder.

gcat
06-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by asohagan
you can do this and get more speed without changing sprockets.

all you have to do is pull off the cover on the left side of the bikes engine and then remove the nut on the front belt drive pulley. behind that nut there will be a spacer that is about .5 inch or less thick, simply remove it and put it all back together. process done
you just gave the bike about 5-7 more mph and you will gain another 3-5 by changing rear sprockets to a smaller one i will count the teeth on my new one and let you know.

taking the baffle out of the exhaust really helps to and it doesnt make it that much louder.

Thanks ashanga,

I'll try it this weekend,

airmobile101
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Here, this should work with the Arctic Cat/Kymco/and the new KFX 50'S

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/TimmyRuark/blaster/cvt/

asohagan
07-24-2008, 04:29 AM
thanks for that pic, i cant do photobucket from work

asohagan
07-24-2008, 04:29 AM
thanks for that pic, i cant do photobucket from work

mxslevnik69
08-11-2008, 06:05 PM
"I think it is in the front variator. I am getting ready to remove mine also but haven't had time. Please post if you have any luck.

If you have the two stroke there is also a restrictor in the carb that doesn't allow it to open all the way." 47501exracer

How do you remove the restrictor from the carb?

47501exracer
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
To take the carb restrictor out you must unscrew the throttle cable from the carb. Just above the carb slide is a round metal piece about 1/4-1/2 inch wide that keeps the slide from opening all the way. Just remove that piece and you will get much more throttle.

mxslevnik69
08-12-2008, 08:44 AM
ok thanks.