PDA

View Full Version : Aquatrax R-12X

RideRed84
03-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm thinking about buying a PWC this summer for our lake house. I already have a boat so I want a 2 person sit down that is fast and fun. I have been looking at the R-12X because it is a 4 stroke and is turbo'd. The only problem is that they are more expensive than a comparable yamaha or sea doo. Any one own one or ridden one? Are they worth it? Any thing to look for?

Giz400ex
03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by RideRed84
I'm thinking about buying a PWC this summer for our lake house. I already have a boat so I want a 2 person sit down that is fast and fun. I have been looking at the R-12X because it is a 4 stroke and is turbo'd. The only problem is that they are more expensive than a comparable yamaha or sea doo. Any one own one or ridden one? Are they worth it? Any thing to look for? If there more expensive than the Seadoo, I would get the Seadoo RXP. The Yami is like the Cadillac of PWC as in comfort wise but weigh a ton. The RXP is more down the line of a speed machine, its comfort is there but not like the Yami. I haven't ridden a Honda PWC because there's not a dealer thats close enough for me. Your RXP and the new kawi that came out last year are your fastest PWC out there. I believe the RXP is a 3 cyl versus the yami, kawi and honda being 4 cyl. Just keep in the mind of having a dealer thats close to you, it comes handy:D The RXP is a crazy and fun machine. Let us know what you do:cool:

genxracer
03-26-2008, 02:41 PM
the seadoo rxp is the fastest of the the three in a straight line but the honda will out handle it anyday of the week and as far as reliable....Honda!!, far and above with the yamaha second but the yam FX is kinda big and heavy.

genxracer
03-26-2008, 02:45 PM
BTW thats from experience not what i read in a magazine. I ride all different skis almost everyday.

Giz400ex
03-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by genxracer
BTW thats from experience not what i read in a magazine. I ride all different skis almost everyday. Same here:)

RideRed84
03-26-2008, 05:17 PM
I think my highest priority it how stable the ski is when going slow. Weight and which one is the fastest don't really matter to me. Our place is on a chain so there are quite a bit of no wake channels to pass through and I'm 6' tall and top heavy (chicken legs and broad shoulders). I had a wave blaster and couldn't ride it unless it was on plain and my brother had a couple XP's that were much better but still tippy. I personally like Honda's and really want a stable machine that can still be whipped around. Stability when boarding from water is a big thing too. I'm gonna look into the yamy and sea doo. Thanks and keep it coming.

Giz400ex
03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RideRed84
I think my highest priority it how stable the ski is when going slow. Weight and which one is the fastest don't really matter to me. Our place is on a chain so there are quite a bit of no wake channels to pass through and I'm 6' tall and top heavy (chicken legs and broad shoulders). I had a wave blaster and couldn't ride it unless it was on plain and my brother had a couple XP's that were much better but still tippy. I personally like Honda's and really want a stable machine that can still be whipped around. Stability when boarding from water is a big thing too. I'm gonna look into the yamy and sea doo. Thanks and keep it coming. I believe Honda did improve there hull on this year's model :confused: check there website

genxracer
03-26-2008, 05:59 PM
If you rode a blaster you can ride any of them. Most people cant even get 10 feet from the dock on my blaster...let alone get back on when they fall off. The 3 you are looking at really never tip over unless you are really fooling around.

WhiteYFZ
03-26-2008, 11:21 PM
my cousin just got the seadoo rxp and the thing is just plain on insane! 255 horse power, this thing moves. i was on his other yami and i would take off a good 30seconds before him and i would turn and hees right next to me, if he guns it from a stop, the front comes out then the back just shoots out of the water and you hear the rev limiter.. its deff a crazy machine!

genxracer
03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
wait til hes riding in chop and that thing chokes over every wave and its way too twitchy with those "off throttle" wings on the back. Your right thought, they are fast. try going in reverse for a second then put in in forward and nail it. Jumps out of the water. Still wouldnt buy one though.

Giz400ex
03-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
my cousin just got the seadoo rxp and the thing is just plain on insane! 255 horse power, this thing moves. i was on his other yami and i would take off a good 30seconds before him and i would turn and hees right next to me, if he guns it from a stop, the front comes out then the back just shoots out of the water and you hear the rev limiter.. its deff a crazy machine! When did they make it 255hp? this year:confused:

RideRed84
03-27-2008, 02:29 PM
After some research I have decided to stick with the Honda. I found an 04 R-12x on craigs list for $6500 and am going to look at it this weekend. Thanks for the advice.