PDA

View Full Version : Racing Clutch Question

GT-80
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I’ve lightened my rollers “cross-drilled all 6, ¼inch” But I've also installed a KOSO JOG EVOLVER 2000 RPM REAR CLUTCH RACING SPRING “the single big spring”,,, I was just wondering if most of you were lightening the rollers “instead of using a heavier spring?”, NOT BOTH?? Not sure if going lighter on the rollers would still push this new heavy spring,,, or if it was made to be used with stock "weight" rollers ,, ALSO,, I would like increase my stall speed, I’ve, Lightened the clutch pucks all to 180grms,,,, Cross drilled 6 “new” rollers ¼ inch,,,, Installed 2000rpm torque spring,,,,But the LT80 still moves “jumps” as soon as you crack the throttle,, The motor is slightly modified, open air box, boysen reeds, big jets, light-porting, dg pipe .30 milled head.,,,,,,80lbs. Rider,Mx. and drag-racing.
I’m guessing I need 3 heaver springs on the clutch pucks to increase stall speed?? Anyone know who sells springs and witch ones are best?? Thanx for your help!!!!!!!

Bryar Riley
03-26-2008, 05:29 PM
call chris grissom at suzuki of paris TN.....(731) 642-0511 best in the business......

2crazy2care
03-27-2008, 02:48 PM
remove 2 front rollers, lighten rear clutch shoes to 180 grams by cutting off end. You won't believe the way it launches!!
mr LT80 knows his stuff!!

LT80
03-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I see there is a guy on ebay selling a kit that uses the Koso spring and the shoe springs.
The Koso is a right handed spring, the LT80 a left.
I tried that and they unwound. But that is with a highly modded motor.

GT-80
04-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Yep, Once again Jack is right! My Koso 2000rpm spring was right handed not left like the LT, and with my lightened front rollers I was not making enough power to run that spring. I installed the stock spring, with my cross drilled rollers, 180grm.clutch shoes, now I have my top speed back, still with great acceleration! Anyone want to buy a KOSO 2000rpm spring? By the way thanx to whoever posted “To cut your foot peg bar in ½” it really helps when working on the clutch!!
Thanx for ALL of your help!!

Any tips for setting my LT80 up for 500ft. grass drags?? I’ve been experimenting with different front sprocket sizes I have a 12,15,17,19, and a crazy 23 tooth! My local snowmobile grass drag club has a new kids quad class! I’m still waiting for this darn Michigan snow to melt so I can start testing again! Last year my son took a very close 2nd with a bone stock Lt80 with a stock motor and clutch!! With 500ft I need good take-off and good top speed.

LT80
04-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks. :)

We been cutting the footpegs for years now. Sure saves alot of *&&((&^!!! and skinned knuckles. :D