PDA

View Full Version : Will these shocks work?

stever250r
03-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I need a set of LT shocks for +3 Housers for my 250R.

Can I use a set of LT Shocks that were mounted on a trx450R with +2 A-arms?

They are 19.5 inches and currently valved for my weight.

I am thinking that they will mount up fine and that the additional length of my A-Arms would only change the leverage point of the shock and make them softer, which could always be fixed by just re-valving them for +3 Arms instead of +2. Is this correct.

Will they work?

vic425
03-26-2008, 09:59 AM
they should work fine you should just do what you mentioned and revalve them for the +3 to be safe

RideRaceLive93
03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
if they both require the same lenght shock yeah but if they dont get new shocks unless the lenght an be changed

LT250RMan
03-26-2008, 02:56 PM
You have to make sure the collapse length and leverage ratio and the overall length are the same as the shocks you would get built new for your 250R and your a-arms you have. If they are diffrent you could wreck your a-arms/shocks or even your frame when you bottom out.

Groves187
03-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by LT250RMan
You have to make sure the collapse length and leverage ratio and the overall length are the same as the shocks you would get built new for your 250R and your a-arms you have. If they are diffrent you could wreck your a-arms/shocks or even your frame when you bottom out.

X2. You should have about 1 1/2 of ground clearance when the shock is fully collapsed.

also if it puts the shock more straight up and down it will have more body roll in the corners. You can fix this with different cross overs on your shocks.

Nick

bluetrx
03-27-2008, 08:20 PM
the length of the shock is paramount, shock length determines ride height so make sure the length is good for your desired ride height. valving is not as important, its more of a rider prefrence adjustment. just make sure you cant bottom out the shocks with the jumps you make. im not much of a jumper myself and prefer a softer front end. what you dont want to do is increase preload to try and firm up the shocks. preload adjustment is to maintain ride height with the weight of the rider on the bike. suspension action is adjusted by spring rate and valving.