PDA

View Full Version : Rockgardn, Leatt, with Jersey

MXfun
03-26-2008, 08:15 AM
I just received the Flak Jacket Jr.for my 5 year old. He also wears a Leatt. Are you able to get a jersey over the Flak jacket and then put the Leatt on?

I tried it but the front of the Leatt sat over his jersey and on top of the Rockgardn, leaving the Leatt not fitting correctly over his shoulders.

I thought some of you used this setup, that's why I'm posting it here.

hotquads1
03-26-2008, 09:46 AM
my son wears his jersey under the flak jacket , works well , he also wears the LEATT.
marc

backinsaddle
03-26-2008, 09:51 AM
my oldest wears his jersey outside the jacket...we had to buy a larger size jersey to fit...otherwise no problems here. I don't see how wearing a jersey or not would change the fit of the jacket or brace, unless the jersey is bunching up or the leatt's not fitted properly?

MXfun
03-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by backinsaddle
my oldest wears his jersey outside the jacket...we had to buy a larger size jersey to fit...otherwise no problems here. I don't see how wearing a jersey or not would change the fit of the jacket or brace, unless the jersey is bunching up or the leatt's not fitted properly?

I believe the front of the jacket is supposed to zip up on top of the front lower member of the Leatt, which is tight against the chest. That would mean the jersey neck would have to be large enough to fit around the Leatt.

If you just put the Leatt on last after the jersey is over the jacket and don't tuck the front in, the Leatt is not directly on the chest (for me anyways.)

The main reason I wanted the jersey over is that it is easier cleaning mud off jersey than the jacket.

backinsaddle
03-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by MXfun
I believe the front of the jacket is supposed to zip up on top of the front lower member of the Leatt, which is tight against the chest. That would mean the jersey neck would have to be large enough to fit around the Leatt.

If you just put the Leatt on last after the jersey is over the jacket and don't tuck the front in, the Leatt is not directly on the chest (for me anyways.)

The main reason I wanted the jersey over is that it is easier cleaning mud off jersey than the jacket.

maybe my kids aren't wearing their's properly? flak jacket on, jersey on, leatt sits on top of both, that's how we're wearing them

riding4fun
03-26-2008, 02:24 PM
We have the same problem. We tuck the front of the Leatt under the zipper portion, leaving no room for a jersey to fit around. So we buy one size larger jersey. It fits ok. That's what we need a jersey that is made for these combinations. Big neck area.

MXfun
03-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by riding4fun
We have the same problem. We tuck the front of the Leatt under the zipper portion, leaving no room for a jersey to fit around. So we buy one size larger jersey. It fits ok. That's what we need a jersey that is made for these combinations. Big neck area.

That would be nice. Also with a zip up front like the jacket.