PDA

View Full Version : You pick them....

Pappy
03-25-2008, 10:23 PM
I have to work up the next 6 weeks work and would like to know what you want to see articles on. Like shocks, engines, how to articles on ???? Let me hear some ideas.

my88r
03-25-2008, 10:27 PM
maybe somethin on the ktm quad.

Pappy
03-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by my88r
maybe somethin on the ktm quad.

that and the ds 450 are here and will be featured shortly

Dale512
03-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Maybe something on the Stadium Shocks?

my88r
03-25-2008, 10:42 PM
also maybe something with the history of the gncc atv side. blackwater races. ect. it would be something different any way.

Kickstarts-suck
03-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
that and the ds 450 are here and will be featured shortly :macho :blah: :D

yellow400ex05
03-26-2008, 04:57 AM
Hey how about like a how to on rebuilding a 400ex?

just a suggestion..

or a how to on re-jetting a quad, if we don't already have one..

Mxjunkie
03-26-2008, 05:28 AM
Getting your quad ready for the races such as, installing a teather kill switch, nerf bars and mounting the tires on the wheels. :cool:

hungus07trx400
03-26-2008, 05:49 AM
It would be cool to see how decisions are made through out the race, like line choice, when to pass, different set ups depending on how the track looks, prep before the race, etc.

TWISTED DINLI
03-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by hungus07trx400
It would be cool to see how decisions are made through out the race, like line choice, when to pass, different set ups depending on how the track looks, prep before the race, etc.

that would be cool!

bwamos
03-26-2008, 06:08 AM
How about an article on "How Not to Get Your Butt Banned by the Admin".

Oh wait we already have one. LOL. ;)

I'd love to see a how to on rebuilding a shock, or since it's so popular "Photography: Tips and Tricks to Take High Quality Action Shots". Definatly not a all encompasing, but I know theres a lot of really basic stuff that a lot of us don't know when it comes to taking good action shots.

Could even do some simple how to's like replacing a honda style axle, proper chain adjustment, making your plastic shiny, etc..

One thing we've never gotten a complete article on is shock setup/adjustment. Setting your sag, preload, compression, rebound, etc... There's been a few fairly knowledgable people start articles on them but they all stopped 1/2 way through.

fandl450r
03-26-2008, 06:31 AM
How about hiring me Pappy, I graduate in May, and still don't have a job lined up. :( <----Test Rider

I would't mind seeing an article on shocks.

Fred55
03-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Shock revalving and rebuilding.

quad2xtreme
03-26-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
How about an article on "How Not to Get Your Butt Banned by the Admin".

Oh wait we already have one. LOL. ;)

I'd love to see a how to on rebuilding a shock, or since it's so popular "Photography: Tips and Tricks to Take High Quality Action Shots". Definatly not a all encompasing, but I know theres a lot of really basic stuff that a lot of us don't know when it comes to taking good action shots.

Could even do some simple how to's like replacing a honda style axle, proper chain adjustment, making your plastic shiny, etc..

One thing we've never gotten a complete article on is shock setup/adjustment. Setting your sag, preload, compression, rebound, etc... There's been a few fairly knowledgable people start articles on them but they all stopped 1/2 way through.

add camber, caster, toe-in to that.

REDRIDDER
03-26-2008, 07:53 AM
add more to the side by side section, lift kits,tires,compairisons,racing the side by sides,Accessories,ect..

JRP
03-26-2008, 08:08 AM
im with bwamos. With the shock setup/adj.

54warrior
03-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Agreed. Shock setup/rebuild/adjustment is a good topic.

Pappy
03-26-2008, 09:02 AM
awesome selections, keep them coming!

dustin_j
03-26-2008, 09:26 AM
I agree on both shock rebuild/revalving and suspension setup; they would be great articles!

Track bulding/designing tips would be sweet too!

Flyin-Low
03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't mind reading something about how to make a decent MX style practice track?

MOTORIDER68
03-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey pappy how about more with the pros and there mechanics? Another more indepth article on borichs suzuki would be cool. there bike set ups and such.

416exfreak
03-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Shock settup and adjustement.

Proper engine tuning.

A crash and burn photo section is always nice too...:devil:

A guide to tire selection on different surfaces.

An artice on GNCC racing?:D

kutchd
03-26-2008, 01:41 PM
How about an artical on some Dirt Track ATV racing that started in Onstead Michigan as a fund rasor for the community and now has grown to include 2 more Dirt Tracks in Michigan that will be a 12 race series this year between the 3 tracks.....A great local series that does some good for everyone......I would love to give you the whole story to print. Maybe get us a little more exposure....thanks
Kutchd (121)

Pappy
03-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by kutchd
How about an artical on some Dirt Track ATV racing that started in Onstead Michigan as a fund rasor for the community and now has grown to include 2 more Dirt Tracks in Michigan that will be a 12 race series this year between the 3 tracks.....A great local series that does some good for everyone......I would love to give you the whole story to print. Maybe get us a little more exposure....thanks
Kutchd (121)

for something local like that, you are more then encouraged to write something up and submit it to webmaster@atvriders.com

wilkin250r
03-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Shock rebuilding/revalving is probably best left to professionals. You need some specialized equipment for nitrogen recharging and such.

In my opinion, an article on shock rebuilding wouldn't be entirely appropriate for the site, it might be sending the wrong message that it's a modification that your average do-it-yourselfer could accomplish.

However, an in-depth article on general suspension setup and tuning would be fantastic.

Ralph
03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Shock rebuilding/revalving is probably best left to professionals. You need some specialized equipment for nitrogen recharging and such.

In my opinion, an article on shock rebuilding wouldn't be entirely appropriate for the site, it might be sending the wrong message that it's a modification that your average do-it-yourselfer could accomplish.

However, an in-depth article on general suspension setup and tuning would be fantastic.

Agreed!

Altough there is a ton of information on the forums we should really get a really detailed shock setup guide.

klutch
03-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

A guide to tire selection on different surfaces.

I like that. Or how about a nice video explaining how to start your own track? My dad plans on it. We have no clue where to start other than acquiring the land. lol

Kickstarts-suck
03-26-2008, 04:17 PM
How about finding out "whats the best 450" or "whats the best pipe for a 400ex"

:p

spanky101
03-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I really like the idea of how to adjust the suspension! That is a great idea and there are alot of things that can be very tricky! Maybe redoing a top end, changing cam, stuff like that that everone could use! All the ideas so far are really good...

Quad18star
03-26-2008, 05:10 PM
If you wanna do a 6 week build up on turning a 660 Grizzly into a Big Bore Monster , I'd be willing to bring the ole gal down for ya. :p

quad2xtreme
03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
another one would be a build-up of a 300ex as a race quad for the under 16 crowd. Although I recently heard they might be putting stop to using 400ex a-arms and shocks on the 300ex??? :confused:

Pappy
03-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
If you wanna do a 6 week build up on turning a 660 Grizzly into a Big Bore Monster , I'd be willing to bring the ole gal down for ya. :p

actually, im doing a shoot with a fully xc prepped big bore grizz sunday for an upcoming article!

Pappy
03-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
another one would be a build-up of a 300ex as a race quad for the under 16 crowd. Although I recently heard they might be putting stop to using 400ex a-arms and shocks on the 300ex??? :confused:

we actually just picked up a beater 300ex for this very purpose!!

Quad18star
03-26-2008, 05:31 PM
actually, im doing a shoot with a fully xc prepped big bore grizz sunday for an upcoming article!

Darn ... too little , too late I guess.

Wanna do an article on prepping a 4x4 for Hunting season ?? :D

Pappy
03-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Darn ... too little , too late I guess.

Wanna do an article on prepping a 4x4 for Hunting season ?? :D

im not sure what manufacture is hosting it, but i should be doing afew hunts this year with them as they release new models etc. im stoked!

Quad18star
03-26-2008, 06:20 PM
im not sure what manufacture is hosting it, but i should be doing afew hunts this year with them as they release new models etc. im stoked!

Ken ... You officially have the coolest job in the world . LOL .

When you guys doing an article on a Canadian ATV riding adventure?? You know the offer is always open.... theres more trails that you can shake a stick at ... and you can ride from lodge to lodge on the ATVs.

cletusEX
03-26-2008, 06:22 PM

Sweet bring them down to the shore will put them through the ringer. Nothing like bottomless salt marsh to test out a ute's 4 wheel drive and anit-rust capabilites. Then there always is the float test. Who needs a boat. :D

03-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Shock revalving and rebuilding.

x2 i would like to see all that goes into custom valving for weight and how they tell everything from MX to XC type setups and how the valving/springs differ.

Pappy
03-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Sweet bring them down to the shore will put them through the ringer. Nothing like bottomless salt marsh to test out a ute's 4 wheel drive and anit-rust capabilites. Then there always is the float test. Who needs a boat. :D

id love to use that area for a few shoots, so the next batch of UTE's we get in here for reviews I will see if we can work something out

i do have a need for some XC riders in the next few weeks to do the DS and KTM...you up for being a superstar:devil:

Rootar
03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
pappy if you wanna do an aritcle on building a practice track or tips for building a practice track id love to help, me and my busted back can take some photos all during the process of building jumps, landings, whoops, berms, and track layout. and i should be able to do work on my track this weekend it not like i can ride but hey a write up on how to build a track would keep me busy.

Pappy
03-26-2008, 09:43 PM
its no big rush, but take clear well focused and lighted pictures and sned me a few and I will see if i can use them

WhiteYFZ
03-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
or since it's so popular "Photography: Tips and Tricks to Take High Quality Action Shots". Definatly not a all encompasing, but I know theres a lot of really basic stuff that a lot of us don't know when it comes to taking good action shots.

i like this one

07trx400ex
03-26-2008, 11:19 PM
I REALLY like the "How-TO" articles. You should expand this section to include general performance concepts for setups to include all types of tuning applicable to sport-quads.

I know that a more in-depth article on jetting that includes pictures and step by step instructions for Main, Pilot, Needle, and Air/Fuel Screw would REALLY help.

Ralph
03-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by 07trx400ex
I REALLY like the "How-TO" articles. You should expand this section to include general performance concepts for setups to include all types of tuning applicable to sport-quads.

I know that a more in-depth article on jetting that includes pictures and step by step instructions for Main, Pilot, Needle, and Air/Fuel Screw would REALLY help.

Heres a start:

ATV Carb Jetting Explained (http://www.atvriders.com/articles/jetting.html)

Jetting guides are always hard because its always different for every machine...

450raider
03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
im into how tos more than anything like fixing basic stuff and simple mods and what not, oh andf that photography dont sound too bad either although it wouldnt help me much all we ever get is shots out at the trails of each other bogging and doing steep climbs and stuff and all we have is usually one of those disposable cameras and a few crappy digital cameras so if there is a way to improve those shots id be intrigued.

and just throwin it out there, although itll probably be done more than enough times (which is why it might get shot down, but thats cool) is a 450 shootout except....all the quads have only the manufactures "pro kit" installed like cut wires, removed baffles, alternate exhaust, ect. and do a little side test on that stuff to see if its worth it.

just thinkin out loud

54warrior
03-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Bolts explained (i.e. the markings on the head mean diff. strengths, what each different strength is good/ideal for, etc.)

Heim Joints vs. Ball Joints

Materials comparison...Aluminum vs. Steel vs. Carbon Fiber vs. Fiberglass, etc.

cletusEX
03-27-2008, 01:40 PM
id love to use that area for a few shoots, so the next batch of UTE's we get in here for reviews I will see if we can work something out

i do have a need for some XC riders in the next few weeks to do the DS and KTM...you up for being a superstar:devil:

Sounds good on the utes just let me know. Especially since the rockfish will really starting running in a few weeks and I happen to have a 22' Hydra Sports center console at my disposal.

And I'm definitely game for a little test riding.:)

mxraptor149
03-27-2008, 04:14 PM
How to: Suspension tuning for the average joe, sounds like a good article, including camber, caster, etc.

My suggestion - a piece on pro training routines; weight training, cardio, and how pros approach saddle time during the race season.

bluebaron
03-27-2008, 10:05 PM
How to get the Holeshot

quad2xtreme
03-28-2008, 06:47 AM
we actually just picked up a beater 300ex for this very purpose!!

I am getting ready to help test 450r spindles, hubs, and brakes on a 300ex in the next few weeks. I will let you know how it goes. It already has fully adjustable 400ex a-arms on it.

/Jon