PDA

View Full Version : Help..... What companies are making Aftermarket Parts for the DS??

IDYFZ
03-25-2008, 09:52 PM
I have a buddy here that just picked up a DS and he wants to set it up for MX..... A-arms, suspension, Exhaust... and so on.

The only arms I know of are Epic...

Just wanted to give him some ideas and choices.

So what are some After market companies to choose from?
Any help would be great!!

Web links even better!!

Thanks in advance

IDYFZ
03-26-2008, 10:42 AM
Bump

WatersRacing
03-26-2008, 11:38 AM
head to: Epic (http://shop.epicracingproducts.com/)

You can get pretty much everything you'll need for the DS450 there. Shocks, A-arms, linkages, swingarms, bar mounts, seats, graphics, filters, radiator, brake lines, exhaust....

spanky101
03-26-2008, 12:42 PM
houser has parts for the bike....

THEMACHINIST
03-27-2008, 02:40 AM
EPIC all the way and rpm are doing axel for the Ds:D

YannGumbo
03-27-2008, 08:51 AM
ATV Four Play for a-arms
Houser for a-arms
HMF for pipes
Elka for shocks

OutlawBill
03-27-2008, 09:21 AM
from HMF forum on DS450

FOOTNOTE:
2006 and newer Motorcycles with head/tail lights OEM from the manufacturer and EVERY All Terrain Vehicle, even those intended for off road closed course competition use, are considered CALIFORNIA, FEDERAL, EPA CARB noise or emission controlled vehicles.
Vehicle emission control information is noted in the owners manual and on the machine air box lid and exhaust muffler.
Any modifications which exceed the CALIFORNIA FEDERAL EPA CARB noise or emission standard is prohibited by FEDERAL LAW.

I this is true then any pipe or modifications that does not meet OEM noise or emission standard is prohibited by Federal Law. So by just removing the air box lid you are breaking Federal Law? :confused:

ThePhantomRider
03-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Most every major manufacturer in the aftermarket has parts for the DS or will have them in a short while.

And yes Bill, you are breaking the law, either put on your airbox lid, park your quad, or don't remove your seat if you ever get pulled over...LOL

Too bad they don't realize that a properly tuned quad with better intake and exhaust and optimized fuel mixture will, in many cases will have lower emissions than a stock bike. The EPA just won't acknowledge that fact.

TPR

IDYFZ
03-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks guys!

IDYFZ
03-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by WatersRacing
head to: Epic (http://shop.epicracingproducts.com/)

You can get pretty much everything you'll need for the DS450 there. Shocks, A-arms, linkages, swingarms, bar mounts, seats, graphics, filters, radiator, brake lines, exhaust....

Not sure if this is Justin or not.... I was just wondering if you got your old YFZ sold??? I was really tempted!! :devil:

THEMACHINIST
03-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Golden west are selling a yfz full equip a to z for 9999$ you sould pic a look on there web site:macho

John Houser
03-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Houser has MX & XC long travel a-arms that use a longer than stock length shock with a longer stroke shock. Of course these are needle design a-arms. These are the maximum ground clearance type.

We have anti vibe stem with adjusable stops. The unit that holds the stem bearing is replaced with a unit that has adjustable stops on it. Since the oem unit has no seal on the bottom for the stem bearing and a rubber grommet on top, we added seals above & below the stem bearing. J

ohn Houser