PDA

View Full Version : JE...Now WISECO...?

Gusto
11-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Has anyone out there heard about JE being bought out by Wiseco? I ordered a JE piston and received a wiseco. I was told JE was history??:mad:

EX 80
11-22-2002, 05:02 PM
Send it back and get a JE from somewhere else

Gusto
11-22-2002, 05:06 PM
I just got off the phone with JE and it's true, the lady in sales told me Wiseco did take it over. I am now waiting a call back from one of the tech guys to see if there are any changes...etc. I never had much luck with wiseco....so I order something else...BAM....what luck.

EX 80
11-22-2002, 05:13 PM
I'd get a ross racing piston before i'd get a wiseco. I just ordered new rings for my JE pistion from powroll and they still have JE pistons

Gusto
11-22-2002, 06:28 PM
FYI....those of you who deal with "MARCUMS" in FL, be aware if you order a JE416 kit....your not going to get a JE piston! The sales people there tell me that JE was bought out by wiseco...BS, I just got off the phone with JE tech....

I am in the works with dealing with Marcums on how they plan on fixing this SNAFU...

Has anyone else had problems with Marcums?

Kadafiy
11-22-2002, 07:44 PM
So they have or haven't been bought out??? Now i'm confused and was looking at JE pistons, I better hurry up and get one.

Dave400ex
11-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Sparks sells JE Pistons. I'm not sure what I want to get yet.

400exRacerX
11-22-2002, 09:44 PM
I only ordered from marcums once and I had a horrible experience. That I ordered a stock bore 11:1 JE piston from him and he sent me the JE 416 kit. I ended up keeping it and I opened it the next day and the piston was dented. I called marcums and Terry told me he wasnt gonna help me and I had to deal with JE direct. Soon too find out from JE, marcums isnt a certified JE piston dealer. That places sucks.

Gusto
11-22-2002, 10:33 PM
To make things clear...JE didn't get bought out by Wiseco as the sales person from Marcums said. Marcums isn't an authorized JE distributer as per JE because they looked it up when I was on the phone with them [JE]. So when a company advertises JE products, pls verify that they are a distributer. Otherwise you may end up getting something that you didn't order and end up paying tooo much for nothing.

josh
11-22-2002, 10:42 PM
therefore meaning your right to sue.............or JE's...............isn't that like, FALSE ADVERTISING, wich is illegal!!!!!!!!!!! ***** up a storm at marcums and threaten to take him to court if he doesn't get you your money back, you can give him the dented *****ing piston and tell him to deal with it himself, but you need a full refound and to advertise to the public how horrible that place is, that really sucks man, good luck with that a-hole

josh

Dave400ex
11-23-2002, 09:40 AM
This was along time ago he had those problems. It is taken care of now.

Kadafiy
11-23-2002, 10:09 AM
WOW everyone use to love and recommend Marcums when they were the sponsor, now everyone bashes them. How could their service go so bad so quick. :huh I never ordered from them but always heard good things about them.

PHIL_B54
11-23-2002, 11:22 AM
MAN I JUST CALLED THEM THURS AFTERNOON FOR PRICING. IF I HAD KNOWN ANYTHING ABOUT IT I WOULD HAVE ASKED, AND PROBIBLY ORDERED IT.

IM NEW SO WHAT IS MARCUM'S? AND WHERE DO YOU FIND ROSS PISTSONS? WHAT OTHER PISTONS WOULD ANYONE SUGGEST?

PHIL

BadA$$440
11-23-2002, 12:10 PM
My Bad exprience with them: I sent my cylinder and head to them to have a 416, port n polish, 3 angle valve job, new valve seals, and i had him take out 2 broken valve cover bolts and all my exhaust studs so i can replace them. Well he sent me back my cylinder and head but didnt send then 4 nuts and washers that attach the head to the cylinder. But he was able to get them to me the next day. Then i poured gas in the intake and exhaust port ( to see how well of a 3 angle valve job he did ) and the gas leaked out through the valves. The porting looks like a 5 minute Dremel job and it looks like he didnt even touch the exhaust ports. And i told him to remove 2 broken bolts, well he only removed one and one of the bolts goes through the valve cover, head, and about a 1/4 inch into the cylinder and it broke in the cylinder. So my cylinder is at a machine shop right now fixing it for me and meanwhile i had to miss a race this weekend cuz of his dumb*****. I dont reccomend them to anybody. I will never do business with them again

Dave400ex
11-23-2002, 04:09 PM
I think Marcum's got burnt out because of all the customers they were getting from EXriders. I know that's not an excuse for them to do bad stuff, but I think that's what happened. I never bought anything from them though.

Ralph
11-23-2002, 05:43 PM
i orderd shockwears from hem once, first i order them they tell me i would have them by the end of the week, after 2 weeks of not getting them i call them up and they tell me they are on backorder(like the couldnt call me to let me know) i ask them how long it would take to get them, 2 weeks he said, 2 weeks later i called again, 2 more weeks he said, this went on about 4-5 times. i ended up buyng shocks before i got the shockwears....

my friend got a port n' polish done by them and it was crap i could have done better with a file! it was so bad,

NEVER AGIAN STAY AWAY from them....

400ex99
11-23-2002, 09:25 PM
i ordered the 416 kit from marcums, i did recieve a JE piston. Terry is very knowledgable about his ex's. iv asked him many questions that made my ex run good. no problem with him.
however, his side kick Larry, is differant. i was not able to talk with terry, so i asked larry which way the arrow thats on top of the piston went, and he told me intake, i happened to see it on exriders about the arrow pointing to the exhaust, i call marcums and of course terry was busy, i reminded larry about the arrow then he said exhaust, really!!!! dont ask larry tech questions because he could give u the wrong info. i asked him other questions also, he had to go ask terry.
sorry larry, just the facts.:mad:

Chef
11-23-2002, 09:52 PM
I ordered my nerfs from them, over the net, and i got them quickly and hassle free. I also ordered a braking brake rotor from them, and it came trouble free. Terry answered every email I sent him about the rotor the same day I sent it, and always was very helpful...Maybe he got bad after I ordered things?