PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Slip-On??

Hondamaster5505
03-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Found this on ebay, looks pretty intresting. Figured I would share with everyone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/400EX-PHOENIX-Spiral-Core-Slip-on-TRX400ex-TRX-Exhaust_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43978QQihZ019QQ itemZ290216770390QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Pretty cool how its a factory shorty. Pretty cheap too. What do you guys think?

UNBROKEN
03-25-2008, 08:26 PM
ive seen that on ebay for a while and thought about buying one but i wanted a wb PIPE it looks great for a low buck add on like LEXX EXHAUST,,,

TRXRacer1
03-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by UNBROKEN
ive seen that on ebay for a while and thought about buying one but i wanted a wb PIPE it looks great for a low buck add on like LEXX EXHAUST,,, I'd take a Lexx over a phoenix all day long!

08400EX
03-26-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
I'd take a Lexx over a phoenix all day long!

X2

Here is an illustration of my opinion of the design differences.

UNBROKEN
03-26-2008, 07:40 AM
idk about that i think the phonex definitly looks alot better

REDRIDDER
03-26-2008, 07:43 AM
never haerd of a phoenix exhaust until now and now i know why lol....they look like someone made it in shop class hahahaha.

REDRIDDER
03-26-2008, 07:46 AM
this must be were all the beer cans i bring back end up.they recycle them to make that exhaust.

08400EX
03-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
never haerd of a phoenix exhaust until now and now i know why lol....they look like someone made it in shop class hahahaha.

Too funny, I was just thinking that it looked like something I would make with scrap parts laying around the shop.

That square "bar stock" mounting bracket is priceless!! I get that stuff from Home Depot all the time when I want to quickly prototype a bracket.

How can someone even compare the LEXX with its modular tip design, rubber isolated wrap around mounting bracket, spring mounted slip fit cannister design and "megaphone" transition from the mid pipe to the cannister.

UNBROKEN
03-26-2008, 08:26 AM
lol that exhuast doesnt look that bad the lexx exhaust looks like something hotwheels would make imo no offense to anyone who runs lexx

NXGHOST
05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
It appears people buy exhaust for looks, not power...???

UNBROKEN
05-21-2008, 01:51 PM
almost all aftermarket pipes with the correct rejeeting will make more power , and lexx doesnt make the most power or look the best imo but is a great low buck exhaust that is fairly quiet if i was looking for a pipe i would buy a lexx just because there cheap and quiet

NickEMT
05-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm a proud owner of the Phoenix slip-on. Any pipe I buy from now on will be a Phoenix. I love the look, I think the factory shorty looks very streetfighter like. The price is amazing $190.00 with shipping to where I live (Las Vegas). The power gains were tremendous. I was already running a modified stock pipe with jetting and the minute I put on the Phoenix it was like a different bike. The sound is outstanding, very loud and deep, does not sound bottled-up or restrictive at all. It might not have a famous name or a shiny appearance like some of the other pipes, but I would be amazed if anyone could show me a better value or a better performing slip-on