PDA

View Full Version : What tires for hard packed?

fsteunf
03-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Right now I am running 18" razr's(with good rubber) and I am having trouble getting traction. I ride at Durhamtown Plantation in Georgia all the time (since it is so close) and the tracks there are very hard packed with like a powder top in places. I am haveing alot of trouble getting traction out of the turns, I can't hardly gas it with out washing out. I need a good gripping tire that will last longer then one ride. Any suggestions?

ss440ex
03-25-2008, 05:54 PM
turf tamers.....

NJ450rider
03-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah id have to agree with turf tamers as well.

Maxxis razr mx tires are for intermediate to soft terrrain.

If you want to stick with maxxis tires you can try the razr crosses(there for hard pack) or the Irazr mx(claimed to be for everything from loose to hardpack). Razr crosses are made for 8 inch rear rims only and Irazr mx tires are for 9 inch rear rims only.

Modifly
03-26-2008, 12:27 PM
ive orderd a set ov ITP quadcross for hard pack. heard there quite good so il tell you what i think once ive ridden them. :)

spanky101
03-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Most of these guys have stated the obvious of what you choices are. I am really curious how those iMX razr tires work in a variety of terrain. They seem alot like turf tamers but with modern technology so i think they will work pretty darn good!

NJ450rider
03-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah i am thinking the same thing. I have Regular I razrs on my 400ex that are awesome. Very grippy tires. I plan on gettin a set of I razr mx tires for my 450R to try very soon. I have looked at them in person and seem like they will be good for a large range of terrain.

yamadog
03-26-2008, 05:50 PM
had 18'' turf tamers on my 240 blaster and they really hooked up well on packed mud and harder terrain but the those razrs u guys mentioned seem interesting