PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 700r...good GNCC quad?

416exfreak
03-25-2008, 03:36 PM
I think it would be.

Reverse, gobs of power and a prett comfortable quad.

The reason im asking, is because I'll be taking over my dads pretty soon (16th B-day present) and I really want to race XC with it.

Its pretty much stock now, aside from a full HMF, Techlusion TFI module and a K&N filter (with billet intake).

I know i'll need some more stuff (tires, etc) although it has Holeshot HD's on the rear already.

How many of you think that it would make a kick arse GNCC quad?

spanky101
03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
I think with minimal mods they can be a very formitable quad for XC, like you said they have alot of power and pretty good suspension. I think the only thing that hinders the quad is the weight, it is a bit heavier then a 450 and that might tire you out quicker.

yfzrider45
03-25-2008, 05:31 PM
I think a kfx450 would be best for gncc now a days....but thats just an opinion!!

RaptorRacer45
03-25-2008, 06:19 PM
My #1 choice and always will be......Go for it and make it work, ive never been more comfortable on a Race quad!

Cant go wrong with the 700:D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Naugle45/Team45164.jpg

416exfreak
03-25-2008, 06:22 PM
What width is your 700 RaptorRacer?

It looks like its wider. Maybe its just the sag...

What all do you have for engine work, and what did you do about the rear shock?

Did you send it out, or just run it like it is?

Pappy
03-25-2008, 06:22 PM
i know there isnt a ton of them racing, but i do know a few guys that are having good luck with them...raptorracer45 being on of them

the admin of this site did very well on a basically stock raptor in a few gncc events, infact i think he would race it over many other models. kind of funny, if iyou like it, it fits you and is competitive, who cares what it is:p

416exfreak
03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i know there isnt a ton of them racing, but i do know a few guys that are having good luck with them...raptorracer45 being on of them

the admin of this site did very well on a basically stock raptor in a few gncc events, infact i think he would race it over many other models. kind of funny, if iyou like it, it fits you and is competitive, who cares what it is:p

True dat pappy!:macho

Haha. Im hoping to have some good luck with it. Maybe next time you guys are down here in FL for a GNCC, me and Cody can race each other.

Bet $100 bucks he smokes me.:blah:

RaptorRacer45
03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
It sits about 46.75" wide up front and about 45.25" in the rear, about as wide as id like to be in the woods, +.5 A Arms and 4/1 wheels

Engine is complety stock other than a HMF pipe, a No Toil filter and a PCIII controller

The Rear shock was sent to GT Thunder along with the fronts this past winter and has made a remarkable difference:D

Pappy
03-25-2008, 06:33 PM
i never got to ride the one we had to test, that was when i was pretty sick and couldnt.

i do know that test riding alot of these quads has me really picking out things i like and dislike and several have been a royal pain in the *** to make a solid decision on as they all have goods and bads. i rode the can am 500 renegade and the 500 outlander today and i think i was faster on the damn outlander:p

the bad part in all this is that people really dont get a chance to ride several machines before dropping serious coin on a unit. there are some decent models out now but picking one that actually fits and works best for you is almost impossible if you dont have access to test riding atleast a few buddies quads

416exfreak
03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
I know what you mean Pappy.

Ive rode all of the 450's...I loved everyone of them, but they all had thier own little bad points.

I dont have to make a desicion on getting this 700r though. My dad is giving it to me as a 16th b-day present. Its been his since October 06, so I know how many times its been wrecked (2 times, nothing serious)...etc.

I really cant wait to dig into it and start getting it ready to race:macho

klutch
03-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
I know what you mean Pappy.

Ive rode all of the 450's...I loved everyone of them, but they all had thier own little bad points.

I dont have to make a desicion on getting this 700r though. My dad is giving it to me as a 16th b-day present. Its been his since October 06, so I know how many times its been wrecked (2 times, nothing serious)...etc.

I really cant wait to dig into it and start getting it ready to race:macho

Your what? the 3rd of us "younger teens" moving from our 90s, 300s, and 400s, with in the past few weeks that are moving up.

Hondamaster got his banshee.
TwistedDinli got his YFZ.
I got my 450R.
Now you, getting a Raptor soon.

Hope you have fun on it man. Good luck.

Hondamaster5505
03-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Your what? the 3rd of us "younger teens" moving from our 90s, 300s, and 400s, with in the past few weeks that are moving up.

I got my 450R.

Hahaha, i just realized that. we're all moving on from our 400's to our dream bikes, except for dinli, but hes still moving up.

416exfreak
03-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by klutch

I got my 450R.

Thanks man, I hope you enjoy your 450r.

Ive worked my arse off for this thing though. Straight A's all year!:macho :blah:

Hondamaster5505
03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Thanks man, I hope you enjoy your 450r.

Ive worked my arse off for this thing though. Straight A's all year!:macho :blah:

are you still gonna keep your 400ex??

416exfreak
03-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
are you still gonna keep your 400ex??

Nope. Im tired of fixing it after every 3 or 4 rides.

Selling it to put a down payement on my dads new raptor.:p