PDA

View Full Version : upper cylender lube

UNBROKEN
03-25-2008, 02:55 PM
ive been reading info about using 2 stroke oil in ure gas for uppercylender lube, i was thinking about using CASTOR 927 or some other 2 stroke oil has anyone tried this in any 4 stroke. im going to be breaking my new motor in and figured it wouldnt hurt anything adding some lube to the top end, i also found this:

http://www.diablofuels.com/pages/koolfuelmain.html

dudeman_29
03-25-2008, 05:43 PM
I have never done this nor would I. We use top end lube in our alky motors but never our gassers. I have used 2 stroke oil in my diesel. I add 1 oz to 1 gal of fuel. I don't like the fact that they make additives but not fuel (that I found). A company who doesn't have chemist that can make a high octane racing fuel but can make an additive? We all know racing fuel sells more than additives and for a higher profit, so if they are a fuel company as one would assume with the name Diablo FUELS where is the high octane fuel line?

UNBROKEN
03-25-2008, 05:48 PM
i have also used 1oz to gallon in my dads 6.0 powerstroke, and even doubled it to 2 oz but realy no rezults so stopped using it , but i figured it reduce friction in a high rpm engine in the 4 wheeler

dudeman_29
03-25-2008, 06:01 PM
You really didn't see anything in the 6.0?!? That one of the motors that it seems to help the most from what I have seen. I notice when I put it in a 6.0 the idle noise is MUCH less and the motor seems to run smoother all around. When I put it in my gen 2 5.9 it seems to help lower idle noise but I didn't notice the smoothing qualitys while driving that I have in the 6.0 liters and even the LLY duramax. Alright this isn't a diesel sight so I better stop.

NacsMXer
03-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by UNBROKEN
ive been reading info about using 2 stroke oil in ure gas for uppercylender lube, i was thinking about using CASTOR 927 or some other 2 stroke oil has anyone tried this in any 4 stroke. im going to be breaking my new motor in and figured it wouldnt hurt anything adding some lube to the top end, i also found this:

http://www.diablofuels.com/pages/koolfuelmain.html

I personally wouldn't run it in mine. I couldn't see it hurting anything but it will smoke and gum up your carb a lot worse in the long run than if you ran regular gas.

You can run high octane leaded race fuel which accomplishes the same purpose as that Diablo stuff. The lead helps the motor run cleaner and cooler while helping it stay better lubricated. Of course if you are not running higher compression, than higher octane gas is just a waste of money.

UNBROKEN
03-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I personally wouldn't run it in mine. I couldn't see it hurting anything but it will smoke and gum up your carb a lot worse in the long run than if you ran regular gas.

You can run high octane leaded race fuel which accomplishes the same purpose as that Diablo stuff. The lead helps the motor run cleaner and cooler while helping it stay better lubricated. Of course if you are not running higher compression, than higher octane gas is just a waste of money.

thanks NacsMXer but wut about those bottle of lead additives would that be good.

UNBROKEN
03-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by dudeman_29
You really didn't see anything in the 6.0?!? That one of the motors that it seems to help the most from what I have seen. I notice when I put it in a 6.0 the idle noise is MUCH less and the motor seems to run smoother all around. When I put it in my gen 2 5.9 it seems to help lower idle noise but I didn't notice the smoothing qualitys while driving that I have in the 6.0 liters and even the LLY duramax. Alright this isn't a diesel sight so I better stop.
the oil i used was wallyword supertech outboard oil andi ran it for 2 tanks on the beltway 150 miles straight and another 150 back,
wut year is ure 6.0 my dads 06 was a smooth running motor compared to out old 03 6 leaker and the 06 was much quiter but i miss the turbo whistle of the 03 :D

dudeman_29
03-25-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't own nor have I ever owned a 6.0 but worked on too many to count. I drove our shops 04, 05, and 06 6.0's all seemed to run better with 2 stroke oil in them. My buddy has an 04 that he runs it in. We put some in a 6.4 and didn't see much out of it. All the 6.0's had the egr delete no cats, no muffler, cold ait intakes, the 06 had the stock down pipe all the other didn't, they all ahd programers or chips or both, head studs, the shops 04 had a twin charger setup, blah blah blah. The point is these were not stock trucks. I haven't drove a stocker useing 2 stroke oil mainly because I haven't drove that many stockers. We do however have MANY coustomers who use 2 stroke oil everyday and say it helps. I'm not saying your wrong just what I have seen. Look at the bright side, it not working for you is saving you money in oil.

As far as lead additives, I trust them about as much as I trust octane boosters. If your geting a "ping" bump up in octane. If your running hot there are many things to do. I would get a bigger oil cooler and a bigger oil tank. I wouldn't use those additives too inconsistent for my liking.

UNBROKEN
03-26-2008, 12:06 PM
yea our 6.0 is all stock for now i want a turboback but dad says he might sell it cuz the price of diesel is crazy but anyway i was a walyworld today and saw a bottle of lead aditive for 6.50 i laughed for that much i could buy a gallon of cam2 which is wut im going to do and its 110 octane leaded :D