PDA

View Full Version : Photography question (not "how do these look")

shadowwalker
03-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I know there are a few photographers on here. I have been an amateur photographer for several years, and my Sophomore year in High School I won Popular Photography's "Your Best Shot" Monthly contest. I haven't been doing much in the way of photography lately, but I am Looking to spend more time with it now.

So on to the question at hand, Do any of you use a stock photography site? I do mainly landscapes and still life stuff. Looking at making a little extra income with it. So what do you guy's use?

Pappy
03-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I have sold to micro stock for years. I average a few hundred $$ a month and havent really tried lately to boost the number of images i have. i suggest trying a quick search on micro stock and choose one that fits your liking.

it can be an excellent side income, and if you can get a 3-4000 images in circulation, your earn a few grand a month from them

shadowwalker
03-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I was hoping you would reply, but didn't want to call you out.:cool:

My goal this summer is to get back into photography, so I should be able to get a decent amount together.

I might be buying a couple new lenses or a new body, I am trying to decide.

NAVA
03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
I personally love landscape. I've done weddings only within family and they've turned out great. I've been offered to do other weddings but not very comfortable.With family I would buy the film and take the pictures as a wedding present and I still get a few 100's out of it. It's fun doing photography.

shadowwalker
03-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by NAVA
I personally love landscape. I've done weddings only within family and they've turned out great. I've been offered to do other weddings but not very comfortable.With family I would buy the film and take the pictures as a wedding present and I still get a few 100's out of it. It's fun doing photography.
I'm not big into posing people. I don't have the patience for it. Photography is my escape. I deliver pizzas and answer phones 5 days a week, so I'm don't want to deal with people during my time off.

Landscapes, stills, and candids are fun because you don't need to involve the people in them. However I love doing local concerts. My friends are in bands and always want me to do it for them. All I ask is they pay my admission, but a lot of times they will let the venue know and mark me as a band member.