PDA

View Full Version : mech seal still leaking

j450rking
03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
ok so i replaced everything in mu water pump but the shaft and the impeller and it's still leaking. i don't know what it could be. i'm pretty sure the shaft was smooth but i can remember. is there something i might have missed. i replaced the mech seal,bearing,bearing seal, little whit e washer thing that gos into the impeller and the gaskets and i got the seperator thing that wasn't in there before. please i got my ex/r hybrid done and i want to ride bad!

86 Quad R
03-25-2008, 02:37 PM
what ya should do is pull it back down and place a trace of petroleum jelly(vaseline) on the seal that makes contact with the porcelin. :cool:

j450rking
03-25-2008, 05:31 PM
i put silicone past on there and it's about the same consistency as potrolyem jelly

Aceman
03-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Hmm, I used bar soap and mine never leaked. Either way, it's still teardown time.

j450rking
03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
yeah it is. one thing is i know the oil seal is good. theres no oil comming out of the weep hole and there isn't any coolant in the oil so i'm good there. so it must be that the silicone didn't work. i'll have to take it apart and clean everything and do the soap thing. i'll update asap.