PDA

View Full Version : 250X piston stuff....

Micahdogg
11-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Ok, reading up on 250X upgrades I became confused on pistons. I see some common piston upgrades including 12:1 comp pistons and then a .080 overbore piston.

So on one hand I assume you keep the standard 250X piston size but just up the comp ratio from the mid 9's to 12:1.

On the other hand you move up to a 280cc size................but at what comp ratio? I never hear any mention of this? Is it standard or what.

If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it cause I cannot find the answers searching through yahoo.

Micah

outlaw319
11-23-2002, 10:06 PM
any aftermarket piston like Wiseco has the same claimed 12:1 comp whether it is stock bore or.080 over!so if people r saying they're running a 12:1 w/ stock bore is just one way of moddin it, and others just want a little more by boring it out .080 but still have 12:1 also!
well i didn't explain that too well, because they could be runnin higher or lower comp ratio depends on brands of piston! but they would diffinently be higher than stock comps!
hope this helps you out a little, I just didn't put into words right how i was thinking!