PDA

View Full Version : Every Really Needs To Read This Everyone!!!

austin20
03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
:mad:Quit tellin people to just search stuff if you dont have a answer to there question then dont post nothing. This would be a really boring forum if everybody just searched stuff instead of postin new threads and asking stuff. I myself enjoy gettin on and seein wat everybody is askin and talkin about.
This is just my oppinion feel free to post yours

03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
some things are over kill though were the topic asking about it before is near the bottom of the page or on page 2

hornetgod13
03-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Some people are just plain lazy and ask the same questions over and over and over again.

The search feature is there for a reason. Use it people.

Phillburt57
03-24-2008, 09:18 PM
The search is there for a reason and that reason is to uase it.

BigBore24
03-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by austin20
:mad:Quit tellin people to just search stuff if you dont have a answer to there question then dont post nothing. This would be a really boring forum if everybody just searched stuff instead of postin new threads and asking stuff. I myself enjoy gettin on and seein wat everybody is askin and talkin about.

I agree. if you want to ask about the most worn out topic on this thread then feel free. searching is something that everyone should do i believe. but if you want to ask the same question for yourself or just want some updated opinions then why shouldnt you be able to ask. we all like to answer peoples questions and especially when we get to tell about our own quad. the more threads the merrier if you ask me.

STUNTIN400EX
03-24-2008, 09:38 PM
some subjects could get beat to death ie (cut fairing, 450r shocks) but begginers like me need to get the feed back from elder states men. so that they too can pass the info along!

my88r
03-24-2008, 10:11 PM
alot of the simple stuff asked. has been asked 100,000 times. that's where the search feature is nice.:eek2:

03-25-2008, 07:20 AM
if you still need to ask after searching or want more updated info, do the search, and refresh one of the threads...by asking if any thing new has developed...along with searching, maybe people need to think and do more for themselves...

TRXRacer1
03-25-2008, 07:27 AM
The search feature sucks here but I use it a lot. You can gain a lot of info searching and faster then posting a new thread. I guess my beef is when people post a thread asking a question that was just asked within a day or two. It really makes them look lazy. Also I don't get why people ask the same question twice instead of keeping their own thread alive. That's just silly. I mean if you can't search for your own thread WTF.

Rip_Tear
03-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Heres what I'm going to say, and I've done this

If you are going to bother to go and post in someone thread and tell them to use the search, save them a step, do the search yourself, post the link for them.

There are too many incompetent people who don't know how to work the search, I know how easy it is to put the * in for short searches etc. New people don't know about all the tops they can find in search, they want to make new posts and and talk about things.

Everyone complains when a 3 year old thread is brought back, but someone told someone to search, they did and then they posted on the end of that old search item.

To finish this rant, either don't bother posting anything at all if you're just going to tell them to search for it, or do like I said and give them a hand at least, get them pointed in the right direction. We know/remember those old posts, we can find them easily.

bry14661
03-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by austin20

use the search, this has been covered before

Brauap
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I dont like using the search for many reasons.

1) Its takes forever to find what you want to know/learn.

2) You can't type anything in that is under 3 letters.

3) If you type something in, there could be thousands of posts/threads/pages and there could be 0.

4) The search is really only good if your using it in the/ for the for sale section.

5) Half of all the threads are from 04/05

Also, I like talking to other people now, and learn from them. There are many nice people on this site. We can all learn form the older/more experienced riders. The search sucks I think. Who cares if people ask questions that have already been answer a year ago, a month ago, and even a week ago. Let them ask. If you dont want to answer it again, DONT! If everyone here only using the search there would be almost absolutly no movement in the threads. Its fun to read through them, even though you know the answer. Its fun to help out newbies. To welcome them into our sport. To help them along the way. To show them how good our sport is and how nice our people of our sport are. I also love making friends on this. If everyone always uses the search option, no one will meet anyone, because this ste was made in what the early 00's? Lets talk in the now, learn in the now, and make friends in the now.

400exMO
03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
the reason the search feature sucks and you can't ever seem to find good info is because every newbie has to beat a topic to death.

BigBore24
03-25-2008, 12:01 PM
there are times when it is best to use the search such as wanting to hear what an exhaust sounds like or something like that that takes more time and energy for others to answer. but for general opinion questions i see no harm in asking the same question a time or two. but more so than anything if your gonna tell someone to use the search option dont be an *** about it. a lot of people dont know about the search and its good to enlighten them. but if it is so painful to answer a repeat question without being rude and incosiderate then just go onto the next thread.....imo

wilkin250r
03-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Let's see if I can't beat this topic to death from all angles.

Yes, new threads allow for new information. Things change, new products come out all the time. A thread created 3 years ago may not have the latest and most accurate information.

Plus, as pointed out earlier, not all newbies are experts at using the search function and deciphering the information they are looking for.

Me, personally, I'm in favor of encouraging people to use the search function. For several reasons.

Do you know what makes this forum so great? It's not 1000 threads of "which pipe is best?". It's the wealth of information, especially the in-depth and technical info and the expertise of it's members. I don't want that information to get lost because it's swamped with hundreds of threads about "wut shud my jetting B?"

Plus, do you know WHY it is difficult to find answers using the search function? 400exMO pointed it out a few posts ago. It's because the more knowledgable members can't stand to answer the same question 486 times. The same question is asked over and over and over, but it has only been answered in-depth a few times. So the search results yeilds 200 threads with the same question, and only 3 have been answered properly. What are your chances of finding those 3 answers within those 200 threads? Imagine how much easier it would be if you only had 5 threads with those same 3 answers, it would be much easier to find.

The end result, in my opinion, please use the search function.

Phillburt57
03-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by bry14661
use the search, this has been covered before

:D :D

hornetgod13
03-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Let's see if I can't beat this topic to death from all angles.

Yes, new threads allow for new information. Things change, new products come out all the time. A thread created 3 years ago may not have the latest and most accurate information.

Plus, as pointed out earlier, not all newbies are experts at using the search function and deciphering the information they are looking for.

Me, personally, I'm in favor of encouraging people to use the search function. For several reasons.

Do you know what makes this forum so great? It's not 1000 threads of "which pipe is best?". It's the wealth of information, especially the in-depth and technical info and the expertise of it's members. I don't want that information to get lost because it's swamped with hundreds of threads about "wut shud my jetting B?"

Plus, do you know WHY it is difficult to find answers using the search function? 400exMO pointed it out a few posts ago. It's because the more knowledgable members can't stand to answer the same question 486 times. The same question is asked over and over and over, but it has only been answered in-depth a few times. So the search results yeilds 200 threads with the same question, and only 3 have been answered properly. What are your chances of finding those 3 answers within those 200 threads? Imagine how much easier it would be if you only had 5 threads with those same 3 answers, it would be much easier to find.

The end result, in my opinion, please use the search function.

Best response I've read. Well stated Wilkin!

Hondamaster5505
03-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I dont mind if someone posts a new post on something that was brought up a while back, but heres my issue.

"What exhaust shud I get?"

When at the bottom of the page, theres another thread thats says:

"opinions on which exhaust"

:huh :grr:
It annoys the hell out of me. I did it when I was a noob, but not for long