PDA

View Full Version : is a warrior a good trail quad

newbie350
03-24-2008, 07:16 PM
hello im new to this forum and still a rookie at riding, ive been looking at a 2001 350 warrior and im pretty sure about getting it, i want somethin that is easy to ride, and i dont want sumthin completely balls out fast, but will keep it up with my friends when we hit the dirt roads, and somthing that goes good in the woods and light snow, is the warrior the quad for me, or would you recommend anything else? small logs and creeks are a very common obstacle in my area

03-24-2008, 07:32 PM
400ex...handles better, better power delivery, more reliable, easier to work on, more power, larger aftermarket available

Ogener
03-25-2008, 11:58 AM
the warrior is an exelent beginner quad. and does well in the woods. It wont win to many races but you should be able to keep up with the 400s and 450s in the woods as long as there not going all out. The motor is very reliable when kept in mostly stock condition. I've beaten the crap out of mine for about 2 years now and have not had any motor issues whatsoever, and have never had to opened the cases for anything. for a decent amount of pep I highly recamend a clamp on filter kit, pipe and jetting.

newbie350
03-25-2008, 03:26 PM
yeah i know, but i havent fund good one for sale, that i can afford, the warrior i wanted to buy is off my cousin, it has a white brothers pipe, brand new itp holeshots, and a k&n air filter, its a 2001 and he wants $1800 for it, and i looked at its spotless

Ogener
03-27-2008, 08:01 PM
That sounds like a pretty decent deal for an 01. One other thing you may want to do is upgrade the shocks. A banshee shock works better than the stock warrior one and only requires a slight modification to the airbox. and cheap works or something else makes the front end work better but its not unbarable in stock form unless your riding the machine hard.
Also check out http://www.yfm350.proboards31.com/ youll have to sign up but its free and its all dedicated to warriors and raptor 350s.

man that was long

newbie350
03-28-2008, 04:47 PM
hey thanks that is a pretty cool site, yeah i know it is a great deal, but its kinda nice havin one of those cousins who makes too much money, and gives people good deals, hahahha

keglassg
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
i've had may warrior for over three years now and i love it. they are easy to work on and very rarely break. without heavy modding, you wont be winning a lot of races as previously stated, but there are big bore kits available that will really make them run. mine is pretty heavily modded, but i still cant beat a 450 in a drag, though i have no trouble keeping up with anybody on the trails and in the woods. they have a lot of torque and handle well i think. i have shorter tires and a lowering kit on mine, but even before that, it seemed pretty stable i the corners.

#17YFZRACER
04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
:chinese:

04-20-2008, 07:07 PM
yeah it is every body says the 400ex is better it is not the warrior is lighter and has reverse the 400ex goes only 3mph faster both stock warrior:61 400ex:64 ivegot a 98 and love i smoke my buddys 400ex allday and mine a way better trail atv , it does ok in the snow ive had it in up to a foot just lean back and it pushes right through