PDA

View Full Version : fcr carb

hondarules
03-24-2008, 06:23 PM
how easy is it to install a 06 yfz fcr carb onto a 05 450r an another thing im worried bout is not having the hot start which i never really use it but i kno once i dont have it ill need it

jshtex
03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
It takes an adaptor to get the Honda air intake to mate up to it. NOSS machine makes it along with others. As for the hot start the yfz can accept it too. Yamaha (GYTR) sells a kit to add it to the yfz's. But I bet you could get one off a later model R (with an FCR) and it would bolt right up.

Then you need to re-wire the TPS but there are instructions for that on the net.

But... IMHO just puting a stock yfz FCR on your 05 Honda might not give you the results your looking for. Sure you would get better throttle responce but your stock carb is capable of flowing just as much, if not more, air so you probably wouldn't pick up any HP. There are folks out there who will bore the yfz carb to make it capable of flowing more though.

BadinBlack
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
i agree you need to get it bored out to feel a huge differance. there are few shops that do this service. i got mine done through DASA and couldn't be happier.

chad502ex
03-25-2008, 07:43 AM
i really do not suggest installing a bigger carb on a stock unmodified cylinder head (no porting or valve work),...

....., after you've done port work, valve work, install a cam, pipe, filter, the carb should be enhance your setup. imo it should be one of the last performance mods made right before an ignition module upgrade...

...taper boring a FCR can really help to enhance the rest of the modified setup

...unless of coarse,... if you own a KTM where the factory carb is delivered with a 39mm on 450/525 displacements, a bored FCR is a must!

hondarules
03-25-2008, 06:35 PM
well i do have the cam..piston..pipe..an open air box an waitin to get my head off an send it off to get ported an i plan on gettin the carb bored i just cant afford it right now

chad502ex
03-26-2008, 12:12 PM
the hp to dollar ratio is better porting a head before purchasing a bored carb....

hondarules
03-26-2008, 05:29 PM
the carb is not bored its a stock carb..im gettin my head ported soon as i can get it off an then maybe in the next month or so i wanna get the carb done