PDA

View Full Version : 50cc mini quad

Nor-Cal Nick
03-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I have a little girl that I want to step up to a nicer mini quad. Right now she is on a cheapy 49cc and it doesn't really have power for the sand. What are people using for 50cc quads? She is very out going I was thinking of a Predator.

Nor-Cal Nick

hotquads1
03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
For an aggresive experienced driver- The DRR 50 is more powerful than pred 50 , and you might want all you can get in the sand . Keep in mind that 2-stroke power is a bit more pitchy and higher rpm band to condsider. 4 stroke(pred 50) makes more low rpm crawling power , just in stock form not going be a powerhouse.

Nor-Cal Nick
03-24-2008, 06:54 PM
OK .. So that is what I am trying to see what I should look at more. I have been reading up on the DRR's and the look great. I want something that she will not have trouble moving in the sand with paddles. I see most race mini's are running the DRR but how will it be in the sand. We she end up burning it up?

Nor-Cal Nick

realchosen1
03-25-2008, 06:54 AM
My 9 year old rides a DRR 90 in the sandy trails of florida and does great... You might want to get the 70 and restrict the throttle... it is the same size and she should be ready for it in no time...

Phugg
03-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Nick

Good luck on the DRR in Calif. I was trying but didnt succeed very well in finding one (didnt look too hard though) We ended up with Can Am ds90x for our 8 yr old. We have a couple mods to do for her (brake handles are too big for her little hands). If you can find a DRR to be legal in Calif , GO FOR IT. I have heard nothing but good about them. It should have No problems in the sand at all. Ther is a shop in Modesto on 11th st that sells Predator 90s and mod them up a bit. They are Sand freaks at this place and know exactly what to do. The 90x we have is great , but is going to need some go fast n a year or so. So add on about $1k in parts to the already steep $3300 tag.
On a side note , NICE to see some fellow Lab Rats in the world of ATV. I grew up in Livermore and now live just outside Modesto (Riverbank). We do a lot of riding up past Sonora. It makes for a great day trip type ride. There are a couple places we go where you can ccamp also. One has a great trailer spot as well , you can ride in and out of the campground , just no trailer hookups.

We are also going to try out Marysville in a couple weeks. Maybe get the girl on her first race. Its nt a very high demand race situation from what we have seen and been told. Mainly kids out there having fun in the same direction.

Nor-Cal Nick
03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Phugg,
Great to see another person in the same area.

Thanks for the info. With this bike that I am after being a 50 it is for my 3 year old. She is very out going with riding. I have a Predator 90 for my 9 year old girl that we just picked up a ton of mods for. I will post them up in the Predator thread when I build it. With my search for a 50cc I am will to spend alittle more on something that I can get alot out of since I will have a son that will be able to ride it in a couple years after my little girl is done with it and I move her to the Predator 90. Is there any other 50's that I might look at for sand that will work good on paddles? The DS50 is like the Predator 50 ?

Sorry to be a tweak with looking for that perfect 50 but I almost was about to buy a Predator 50 and wanted to double check my options before I spend the money.

Thanks guys..

Nor-Cal Nick

TTracer#22
03-25-2008, 09:46 AM
There is a DRR dealer in Bakersfield,Ca. that has a few 50's or can order and have it in 3-5 Days Let me know if your interested I will get you his number!! And the 50 will do fine in the sand with a decent set of paddles the skat trak or sand gecko's dont work on these bikes they just sink I will get you the make that we use they work great.

JMO

Nor-Cal Nick
03-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Sick .. yea post the dealer or PM the info.

Thanks

TTracer#22
03-25-2008, 01:03 PM
PM sent